Skip to main content

Put in update yesterday and now I cannot add/edit/access or change the music Library. Run as Admin. Given FULL rights, Shared it. Shouted at it. I am an IT Pro of over 50 years experience. This needs fixing YESTERDAY. Contrition is good but results are better. Release rewind to prior WORKING update immediately please.

Hi @NickGabb , welcome to the Sonos Community! Sorry for the delay in responding and sorry to hear of these music library issues.

Checking your account from our side it seems you were able to reach out to our support team and the issue seems to be resolved, which is good to hear. One other thing I did notice when looking at a recent diagnostic report on your account is that it seems a couple of your Sonos devices are sometimes receiving IP addresses from different devices, in different ranges. If the system is currently working from your side then this need not be a concern, though if you were to run into any latency issues, connection issues etc then I would recommend adjusting the network such that Sonos and the devices running the Sonos App are only receiving IP addresses from one place.

I have decided to replace my entire wifi with a Netgear Mesh wifi system

I will attempt to reset the speakers after I have installed that although 1 is stubbornly refusing to reset to factory settings

The App on the PC has become a joke. One day it finds a system next day it doesn’t or even an hour later. One day it finds the music Library then it dissappears or it says it cannot access it.. Even finding the correct install download is a joke!

I am SERIOUSLY unhappy with my Sonos system at present and definitely would not recommend it at present.

We’ll see what happens when I’ve put in a new router but I have no idea how to fix the spurious PC App.

I doubt many will have my expertise! So, I have no idea how others are coping or have they, like me! Just switched it off?

You might not need to factory reset your speakers just because you have a new WiFi. 
https://support.sonos.com/en-us/article/connect-sonos-to-a-new-router-or-wi-fi-network?language=en_US

I’ll try when new network is installed but it’s a nightmare. It cant even find the Sonos Move 2 its lying on top of!

Such a simple solution! If they applied their brains 

Enable Bluetooth. Connect via Bluetooth and send all Network & WiFi Details. I have been programming since 1969 but this should be OBVIOUS

Also! Can we PLEASE have a download page that CLEARLY shows the downloads for PC operating systems and which one to use. Twice I’ve downloaded a version that then says it’s wrong!

Also! Can we PLEASE have a download page that CLEARLY shows the downloads for PC operating systems and which one to use. Twice I’ve downloaded a version that then says it’s wrong!

There’s only ever one PC app available for download… Do you mean they need to show what operating system is needed to run the app?

https://support.sonos.com/en-gb/downloads