Answered

Can two people use Sonos Voice to play music in different Shared Apple Music Accounts?

• 6 January 2024
  • 4 replies

Badge

Just purchased my first Sonos device (the Beam Gen2) and have it connected to the Apple Music service and my music library using the Sonos app on my phone.  Only using SonosVoice and so far it is working great. My family also uses Apple’s Family Sharing and my wife has her own library.  

• To get her library connected to the Beam is it as simple as using the Sonos app on her phone to connect to the Beam?  
  • Does she create her own account or use the account I created when I first set up the Beam?
  • Will the Beam’s SonosVoice assistant be able to identify both my voice and my wife’s voice and then use the appropriate libraries?
icon

Best answer by AgingKeeper 7 January 2024, 00:07

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7

Hi

I have Apple Music but not a family share plan as I'm the only curator. I would suspect  🤔 that if your wife has her own account it may be possible to add it as another Apple Music stream within the Sonos app in Settings >  Services and Voice > Music & Content > + Add a Service

The link below may help:

https://support.sonos.com/en-us/services/apple-music

Badge

Thanks for the reply. I had followed the instructions at the link you provided to set my account up.  It did not have an answer to my question that I could see.  

Also when I attempted to add a second account from within the Sonos app from my iPhone as you described  the Music app on the phone is opened.  It is my account and I am not able to change this to my wife’s account.  If I did this from her phone perhaps I that would add her Music account to the Beam’s settings.  I am just not certain if this is “permitted” by the Beam and do not want to booger up the currently working setup. 

Thanks again for your reply!

Cheers!

Badge

I did reach out to Sonos support today and the Chat support helped me resolve my questions.  I ended up loading the Sonos app on my wife’s phone and then added the Apple Music service from her phone.  This successfully incorporated her library into the Sonos setup and the default library on her phone is her library.  We can each access the others library from within the Sonos app.  We have yet to test out the voice assistants ability to recognize each of us. We will try that soon.

Userlevel 7

I did reach out to Sonos support today and the Chat support helped me resolve my questions.  I ended up loading the Sonos app on my wife’s phone and then added the Apple Music service from her phone.  This successfully incorporated her library into the Sonos setup and the default library on her phone is her library.  We can each access the others library from within the Sonos app.  We have yet to test out the voice assistants ability to recognize each of us. We will try that soon.

That’s awesome 👏. Glad you were able to make it work 👍.