Skip to main content

Can't set up Sonos 1 even though I get through the chime and to the final stage

• 20 May 2024
  • 1 reply

I’ve spent about 3 hours trying to set up my Sonos One (the first Sonos product I’ve owned). I’ve created my account, gone into add speaker or component in the app and although my product is immediately found, I have not been able to setup my Sonos. I literally must have tried about 50 times. 

I get to the chime part and get a message to say audio password didn’t work, so enter the pin from under the speaker. When I do that, it says ‘finalizing connection’ for a while before always ending up with a ‘Could not setup’ message. I’ve tried with three different phones!!! And I’ve even tried with the ethernet cable connected and it still doesn’t work. Any help/suggestions? Have I just got a dud one?

I have tried customer support (in Australia) twice, but both times was on hold for ridiculously long times (1hr 50m the first time and 1 hr the second time). Both times I ended up having to hang up because I was going into meetings. 

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Problems with the new control app have really hurt support wait times and even forum support. I have no help on the problem though.