Answered

Can't see podcasts stored on Youtube Music

• 1 November 2023
  • 1 reply

Im able to subscribe and store in my YTM library podcasts.  However, I can’t find them in my YMT service on Sonos. Am I missing something?

icon

Best answer by Corry P 2 November 2023, 10:25

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Jeff Garland 

Thanks for your post!

Just so we’re clear, are these podcasts from YouTube Music’s catalogue, or are you uploading podcasts you already have to YouTube Music?

If the former, some services let you browse, search, and play podcasts from within the Sonos app. Not all services that provide podcasts will have their podcast catalogues available in the Sonos app via browsing or searching, however. If you can’t find the podcast you’re looking for in the Sonos app, we recommend using direct control, Bluetooth or AirPlay.

It may be that they will show under YouTube Music » Library » Subscriptions though - I did notice just now that this section doesn’t have much to do with uploaded tracks and instead shows channels/artists that you’ve subscribed to.

If the latter, I’m not sure what’s going wrong - they should show at YouTube Music » Library » Albums (I’m presuming the last part). It is conceivable (though I really don’t know) that YouTube put length restrictions on uploaded tracks - it might be worth asking YouTube Music directly.

I hope this helps.