Answered

Can't login to the app showin Let's try that again

• 7 December 2022
  • 14 replies

Hi,

I can’t login to the app with my android phone and with Ipad and all I get is ‘Let’s try that again’ X2 and than ‘Try again later’. I can log in in the web on a computer to my account. That internet Wifi works just fine. What is the problem?

icon

Best answer by Yairko 22 December 2022, 15:30

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

14 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Yairko 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

Most instances of customers being unable to sign in to the Sonos app are related to the fact that the app censors part of the email address that the system is registered to and they are accidentally using the wrong details, but as the email address you are using here on the community has a system registered to it, I don’t think that is the problem in your case.

Please switch your WiFi router off for at least 30 seconds. If you have any WiFi boosters or extenders, please switch those off and leave them off - at least until after you’ve signed in, anyway, but these devices are not supported by Sonos. Once WiFi has returned, please try signing in again.

If you are still unable to sign in to the app, I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team, who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and what it reports.

I hope this helps.

This is happening to me too. I have moved house and the app won’t let me sign in, so I can’t use my sub. I don’t have a close enough Ethernet cable point to manually wire it in. Im annoyed - fix the app. 

This is happening to me too. I have moved house and the app won’t let me sign in, so I can’t use my sub. I don’t have a close enough Ethernet cable point to manually wire it in. Im annoyed - fix the app. 

S1 and S2 Apps are working fine, I’ve just tested them. You probably just need to add the new WiFi credentials to your speakers. Maybe see this link:

https://support.sonos.com/en-us/article/connect-sonos-to-a-new-router-or-wi-fi-network

Hope that assists. 

Hi Ken thank you for your reply. That link is definitely what I need to do, but before I can get to those settings the s2 app makes me log in, and I can’t get past that step. When I enter my email to log in, it says “something went wrong. Make sure your mobile device is connected to the internet and try again”. It’s definitely connected to the internet, have restarted the router, app, phone etc. stumped on what to do now 

A couple of things spring to mind… 

Firstly, ensure your mobile controller meets the requirements mentioned in this link:

https://support.sonos.com/en-us/article/sonos-app-requirements

Also ensure the mobile controller is not having its access blocked by such things as VPN, firewall or other security software etc. and that the router is not isolating the WiFi and wired network segments from each other.

Hi

I have just moved house and have the same problem. All hardware is identical to the last house, even the wifi network is same SSID and password all via an Eero Mesh network, fed from a Sky router. Nothing has changed at all apart from location (4 miles away) and associated IPs. I can’t even create a new account/sonos system, it keeps taking me to the “Lets Try that ahain” screen. The internet is fine, and as above, nothing has changed, no firewalls/VPNs etc in use, I am stuck and unable to use any of my 6 sonos speakers. Please help somebody!

Kind regards

Simon

To confirm, I have rebooted everything, reinstalled Sonos app (S2) and tried connecting speakers via RJ45 cables, none of it makes any difference, I try to login to my existing Sonos account and set up a new one, neither works,.My £2.4k worth of speakers are currently useless (line in on the Play 5 never worked). My internet is fine, averaging 115Mbs down and 60 Mbs up

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @simonst 

Two of your speakers are online right now, so you haven’t been entirely unsuccessful.

Please do not attempt to reset any Sonos devices, create a new account, or create a new system - none of these are things you want to do.

I recommend you connect either your Play:5, your Playbar or your Beam to the main Eero node with an ethernet cable. Make sure all your other Sonos devices are powered on.

Make sure your phone is connecting to Eero and not to the main router.

You should be able to connect to your entire Sonos system soon after.

Now, in the Sonos app, go to Settings » System » Network » Manage Networks. Remove any existing entries, then add the Eero WiFi in Update Networks. The app will tell you when to remove the ethernet cable.

If you ever find that you can access the system when on Eero’s WiFi, but not when your phone is on the router’s WiFi, you’ll need to put the Eero system into Bridge/AP mode - https://support.eero.com/hc/en-us/articles/208276903-How-do-I-bridge-my-eeros-

I hope this helps.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @simonst 

I should add that you might only need to perform the last step I gave you.

Hi Corey

Thanks for the quick response, Interesting that you can see that two of my devices are online..?

Only two are powered up right now, but i can not see them at all from my phone to play Spotify (on same Eero network). I tried connecting the play bar to the eero device with a cable, still no joy, The other 4 devices are not powered up but i didn’t think that should matter? I will try that shortly, as for for settings in the app, I can’t login so can’t do that, At first the system was not being recognised hence I logged out of the app and haven’t been able to lg back in since.

We only ever use Eero wifi for all devices, never the original router wifi.

Regards

Simon

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @simonst 

It sounds like you have Dual DHCP. This means your both router and your Eero are handing out IP addresses, but are unaware of the other’s actions. This leads to having two separate networks on one set of hardware. Not ideal.

Bridge/AP mode for the Eero should fix it. There may be something I’m missing, however, so if that doesn’t help, I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team, who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and what it reports.

There’s more information about it all in my article, specifically in the Mesh Networks section:

Troubleshooting Sonos on WiFi | Sonos Community

I hope this helps.

It Solved. It was my ISP. A DNS problem.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Yairko 

Thanks for updating the thread!

Glad to hear you got the issue sorted out!

My phone did the same thing when I got my new iPhone 14 promax on iOS 16. Go into your settings, scroll down to the Sonos app, open it up and turn on the local Netwerk, and any other buttons that are turned off and turn on Bluetooth for while you’re using the app that fixed it for me