Skip to main content
Answered

Can't create stereo pair for gen 2 Play:5's

• 17 June 2024
  • 4 replies

I have two Play:5’s (gen 2) that I can’t create a stereo pair with. They are both on my system and the app says they are fully updated but when I try to pair them, I get an unhelpful, generic error message. Has anyone been able to troubleshoot a similar problem?

4 replies

Seems odd. I’ve got a stereo pair of gen 2 PLAY:5s, but given your difficulties, I’m loathe to split them up. Have you submitted a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of experiencing this problem, and called Sonos Support to discuss it?

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, they have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your network and Sonos system.

Thanks. Yes, I’ve got another pair of play:5’s that are synced and working fine so definitely odd.

I tried calling support but gave up after 30 minutes on hold, will try again tomorrow.

thanks

The least destructive test I can think of, without talking to Sonos, is a reboot of your router….but I don’t think it would help, but wouldn’t hurt, either. 

I saw a post earlier in the weekend that purported to be from X (Twitter), that suggested a new version of the app was coming soon, I wonder if this will help. I wouldn’t expect that at least for 48 hours at the earliest (as a guess…they seem to release Tuesdays, Pacific Time)

Good luck!

Thanks. I’ll reboot and retry in the morning and if it doesn’t work I’ll send them the system diagnostic.

Cheers