Skip to main content
Answered

Can’t connect via Spotify to my amp

• 24 February 2024
  • 9 replies

I’ve seen this was a problem from months ago, I got a new system and it’s not showing Spotify in the app and can’t connect directly via Spotify, airplay does work, and other app like SoundCloud does work.

i have already reset all the system (twice) I have talked with support for an hour( we went through all the basic solutions they knew)  got disconnected because a mistake of mine.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

So I’m sure that this has been asked by support but have you added Spotify as a music service in the Sonos App?  (Open the Sonos App>Settings>Services & Voice>Music & Content) 

If it’s listed, does it display your correct Spotify Account Name when you select Spotify?  If Yes, have you tried selecting Reauthorise Account on the same screen?

Yes, forgot to add that I know it’s  been asked and I’ve done what the support say in those answers, since my system is new I thought it may be different, ofc it is updated as well.

No, it does not show in the app, like I said  so I can’t verify that. 
just came here too see if some may still have a that problem and there is a different solution.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Yes, forgot to add that I know it’s  been asked and I’ve done what the support say in those answers, since my system is new I thought it may be different, ofc it is updated as well.

No, it does not show in the app, like I said  so I can’t verify that. 
just came here too see if some may still have a that problem and there is a different solution.

Can you check your location is correct in your Sonos Profile (www.sonos.com). If this is incorrect, it may impact your ability to add Spotify.

Have you checked your account at www.sonos.com to ensure that your location is set properly? Sonos uses that data to filter what services are shown to you in the controller app…and I’ve heard of those who claim that the data has changed over time. 

What does ofc mean?

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Have you checked your account at www.sonos.com to ensure that your location is set properly? Sonos uses that data to filter what services are shown to you in the controller app…and I’ve heard of those who claim that the data has changed over time. 

What does ofc mean?

Too slow Bruce @Airgetlam  🤣

Well, I tried :)

Of course.

my location was the USA now Belgium, but it should work. 
anyway I’m still looking for a solution, also those who own a phone that’s not iPhone can’t connect at all with Sonos.

Perhaps best, then, to call Sonos Support directly to discuss it.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, they have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your network and Sonos system.

Don’t know what changed, but all of the sudden it works

thanks