Answered

Can't connect to Play 1 from iPhone App; Account grayed out

• 14 April 2023
  • 8 replies

I can’t connect to either Sonic Play 1 speakers from the iPhone App.  The speaker resumes the Spotify playlist last requested, but I can’t choose any other music.  The “Let’s Fix This” troubleshooter says to make sure I’m signed in, but I don’t see a way to sign into the app since Account is grayed out.

Account, System, Services & Voice settings all grayed out.

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 16 April 2023, 19:12

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

8 replies

Are all devices up to date? On the iOS controller, go to Settings, System, System Updates, Check For Updates and make sure everything, both controller and speakers are current.

To sign in to the controller itself, go to Settings, then Account. 

Account, System, Services & Voice settings all grayed out, so there’s no way for me to sign in.  That’s part of the problem.

@lwist,
Maybe quickly try toggling your mobile phones WiFi network connection off, reboot the phone and then reconnect it back to the same local WiFi network that your Sonos system is using and see if that perhaps resolves the issue.

Just tried that.  No change.  Account is still grayed out, so I can’t sign into the Sonos iOS app.

Next try temporarily wiring one Play:1 to your router. What is the status LED showing on your Play:1?

Let me know what you see in the App after wiring it to the router.

Thanks!  After temporarily connecting one Play:1 to my router via ethernet the app told me both devices needed to be updated.  It updated them through the wired connection and I was able to sign in.  

I was able to see both Play:1s while one was wired to my router, but after unplugging it from the router I can’s see that one any more.  Can you tell me the steps for getting it added again?  

Both Play:1s showing while “Portable” is wired via ethernet
Only one Play:1 showing when “Portable” was no longer wired via ethernet.
Only one Play:1 showing when “Portable” was no longer wired via ethernet.

Here’s how to add a WiFi network SSID/Password to your speaker(s).. ensure you see them in the App then goto…

• ‘Settings/System/Network/Manage Networks’
  • Select ‘Update Networks’ 
  • Scan for your Sonos devices and add your WiFi credentials (2.4Ghz band) to your non-wired speakers. (Just follow the onscreen instructions).

When complete you can then remove the Ethernet cable and all should then run on your router WiFi signal, note, you ‘may’ have to reboot the devices to get them to show up.

That worked (after rebooting devices yet again).  Thanks.