Skip to main content
Question

Can't add Streaming Services

• 14 June 2024
  • 4 replies

Hello, 

Since the latest app update I can't seem to be able to add Streaming Services, each time I want to link it my streaming service account it gives me an error.

I've tried it for Plex and for Apple Music, I'm very frustrated by this situation.

Can you help me?

4 replies

Userlevel 1

Is there anyone with he same problem here?

No answer so far, and certainly not from Sonos people ...

This is a Sonos Community forum, not a method to talk to Sonos Support directly. Other than the forum moderators, there are no Sonos employees here. 

That being said, I’d certainly try a reboot of your router. Unfortunately, there isn’t enough information in your original post to really assess what the issue might be. I’d highly recommend that you submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of experiencing this problem, and call Sonos Support to discuss it.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, they have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your network and Sonos system.

Il s'agit d'un forum de la communauté Sonos, et non d'une méthode pour parler directement au support Sonos. En dehors des modérateurs du forum, il n'y a pas d'employés de Sonos ici.

Cela étant dit, j'essaierais certainement de redémarrer votre routeur. Malheureusement, il n'y a pas assez d'informations dans votre message original pour vraiment évaluer quel pourrait être le problème. Je vous recommande vivement de soumettre un diagnostic du système dans les 10 minutes suivant l'expérience de ce problème, et d'appeler le support Sonos pour en discuter.

Il peut y avoir des informations incluses dans le diagnostic qui aideront Sonos à identifier le problème et à vous aider à trouver une solution.

Lorsque vous parlez directement aux gens du téléphone, ils ont des outils à leur disposition qui leur permettront de vous donner des conseils spécifiques à votre réseau et à votre système Sonos.

The new app seems to have lost the details of my subscribed services - but only in the display. I can still stream music from Amazon Music, for example - just can’t see it in the list of services. There I see a list of 4 services (all I have) given as “Service Name” rather than Amazon, Spotify etc.

Adding new services also doesn’t get past the request screen.

More sub-par quality control.

[Edit]

I checked the App Store and there was an update from 3 days ago. It didn’t mention fixing services, but after updating, my list of services was restored.

Curiously, the update was identified as 80.04.04 - which I was already running - so it looks like Sonos are reusing their version numbers or only the full string (80.04.04-release+20240627.fa7966dd1) is sufficient to uniquely identify it.