Skip to main content
Question

Can only connect to sonos speakers if i first connect to one specific speaker/room

• 15 July 2024
  • 3 replies

I have over a dozen Sonos speakers in 8 different rooms. After the “updates” I can only connect to a speaker/room if I first connect to the single speaker in my dining room. All speakers are Play 1 except one Play 3 (the dining room is a Play 1).  At that point, I cannot play a different station in any different room without first separating the dining room from the current station. 

3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Hi @rmccormack01 and welcome to the Sonos Community!

Sorry about the delay in responding to your post, and I’m sorry to hear of this unusual behaviour. Can I confirm, is the issue that you are only able to play music on Sonos if you first connect to the Dining Room speaker, but you need to stop music in the Dining Room to be able to play in other rooms? Would you mind temporarily powering off the Dining Room speaker, and check if the system behaves normally without this speaker online?

Also if you are able to reproduce the issue, please submit a diagnostic report from the Sonos App shortly after and reply here when you have done so, no need to provide the confirmation number as I’ll see it under your account. I would lastly suggest checking for updates on the Sonos App, just in case the Dining Room speaker is running a different version from the rest of your system. Please let me know how you get on.

Unplugging the dining room speaker seemed to fix the problem. I haven’t tried it with the speaker plugged in again

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Thank you for the update, please let us know if the issue returns when the Dining Room speaker is back online.