Skip to main content
Question

Can I navigate playback position in my audio book?

• 22 May 2024
  • 5 replies

I use my Sonos app on an Android phone. The new Sonos app doesn't appear to have a navigation function to allow me to go forwards or backwards while I'm listening to audio books in my Audible (Australia) library.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Bundo 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

Sorry to hear of the issue you’re having while playing Audible books on Sonos.

Could you please post a screenshot that shows the issue you’re having? Thanks!

Please see attached a screenshot of my app when I'm listening to a book. I can scroll down sections of chapters, but there is no way to slightly backtrack or forward within the current section.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Bundo 

Thanks for that screenshot. Could you also please tap the Now Playing section and take another screenshot of that screen? Thanks.

In the meantime, and because the requirements/preferences for listening to audio books is a bit different than listening to music, you may find that you prefer the Audible app itself - did you know you can play to Sonos from within the Audible app? See the picture below for where to tap in the Audible app to play to a room in your Sonos system:

tap the Connect to Device button to see available devices to play to 

I hope this helps.

Thank you Corry. 

I can't find a 'Now Playing' section on my Sonos app but when I tap on the content that is currently playing it looks like this:

Note that this was after I got support from Audible because I could not connect their app to the Sonos speaker either. They helped me connect the two via bluetooth. Once I made that initial connection, the Sonos app recognised the book I was playing on Audible and allowed me to listen independently of the Audible app via wifi. Now that the Audible app is connected to the speaker, this is how it looks (the speaker icon is at the top):

As the Audible app player offers incremental navigations through the section I'm currently listening to, I will use it to connect to the speaker. But it would be good if your new app offered that incremental movement in your player too (as your old one did).

All the best,

Bundo

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Bundo 

That is indeed the Now Playing screen! Thanks for the screen shots and the extra detail - I’ve passed it along.