Answered

Can I move a Sonos device into a room with an existing Sonos device, without a hard reset?

• 10 March 2023
  • 1 reply

I’ve rearranged my house, and would like to move a Sonos Port into a room that already has a Ray and Sub in it. I can rename the room that the Port is in to the same thing as the others (in my case “Living Room”) but I still have two separate rooms with the same name.

I assume I can do a hard reset of the Port and then re-add it to the room, but I’m hoping there’s an easier way.

Similarly, I have a couple Move devices that I would like to carry into different rooms to provide fuller sound in those rooms for particular events. Would love an easy way to configure the system to indicate that these speakers are now grouped with other permanently placed speakers in a given room.

Does such a function exist, and I just can’t figure out how to access it?

icon

Best answer by jgatie 10 March 2023, 15:14

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

You can rename a room by going to the room in Settings > System and tapping on the room name.  However, you cannot permanently group speakers together to make a single room.  Groups are dynamic.  Only bonded speakers (stereo pairs, speaker + Sub, Home Theater setups) are (semi)permanent.