Answered

Browse song in Music Service App; Play it Hi Res on Sonos

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi,

I'm using Amazon Unlimited. I want to browse for a song on the Amazon Music App, then start playing it on Sonos, without having to search for it again in S2. Is there a quick way to do this (eg menu items or share URL link)?

I don't want to use Cast/ Connect because then the music won't play in Hi Res if it is an Ultra HD track.

I don't want to browse on the Sonos app, because, amongst other reasons, I can't see if the track is Hi Res.

The closest solution I've found is to cast the track, then press three dots and choose 'Search [The Artist]'. But I then have to stop the cast, search for the album, find the track and play it.

Am I missing a trick, or is that just the way it is?

Thanks v much

icon

Best answer by melvimbe 5 April 2023, 22:49

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

You could app the track to a custom playlist via the Amazon app, then access that playlist on the Sonos app for playback.  This is my strategy for playing atmos tracks on Sonos, not sure if will meet your needs.

A compromise would be to look in Amazon Recently Played and build an Amazon library.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Good suggestions, thanks both. I'll experiment and see what works best for me.