Answered

Browse music in Spotify works on iPad controller, but not in iPhone controller. Same app version

• 9 May 2023
  • 4 replies

Hi

I have an issue in my Sonos setup - I can browse Spotify music in my iPad app, but I can’t browse Spotify in my iOS app.

In the iPhone app, I can start music from Spotify if playlists are favorites or recently played. But I can’t see content of lists and I can’t seach music in my iPhone. 

Ipad and Iphone devices are connected to same network, same version Sonos app.

What is causing this? Please help

/Benjamin

System facts

Sonos devices:

• AMP + 2x One SL in surround setup
  • 2x Play:3 in stereo pair
  • 4x One 

Network

• Mesh network (2.4 GHz and 5GHz with same SSID - TP Link Deco setup)
  • All Sonos devices connected to the 2.4GHz network
  • Both controllers (iPad and iPhone connected to 5GHz)

Controllers/app versions

• iPad (iPad OS 16.4.1) - Sonos app version 15.3 (Build 72240060)
  • iPhone (iOS 16.4.1) - Sonos app version 15.3 (Build 72240060)
icon

Best answer by controlav 11 May 2023, 01:31

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @BenjaminB1820 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

Being unable to browse a particular service from one controller but not from another is very unusual.

I first recommend resetting the Sonos app on your iPhone - Settings » App Preferences » Reset App » Reset. Exit the Sonos app afterwards, then restart it. Be sure to “Connect to Existing System”. Test browsing Spotify on your iPhone.

If that does not work, please go to Settings » System » About my System and note the IP address of the “Associated Player”. Look for the same IP address lower on that screen and identify which speaker it is, then reboot that speaker by unplugging it from power for a moment. Wait for it to display a steady white light and test once more.

And if you are still having trouble browsing Spotify on your iPhone at this point, please reboot your router by switching it off for at least 30 seconds. It will take several minutes for WiFi to return.

If your system still exhibits the same behaviour at this point, I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and what it reports.

I hope this helps.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Do you have Microsoft Defender on your iPhone? I’ve seen recent (strange) reports of Sonos compatibility problems with the latest version of Defender and its loopback VPN.

@controlav 

Yes - it is managed device with Microsoft Defender.

Any suggested solutions to this?

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

@controlav

Yes - it is managed device with Microsoft Defender.

Any suggested solutions to this?

Suggest reporting the issue from within Defender so the relevant team are notified.