Answered

Brennan EZB remote

• 11 March 2024
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Has anyone used the Brennan EZB remote? It looks good, but I can’t find any reviews. 

brennan.co.uk/pages/exciting-new-gadget-coming-soon

icon

Best answer by Bumper 11 March 2024, 15:13

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

Has anyone used the Brennan EZB remote? It looks good, but I can’t find any reviews. 

brennan.co.uk/pages/exciting-new-gadget-coming-soon

Looks similar in function to the ikea remote. You should buy this and post a review here😀

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Yeah, looks similar to the Ikea remote but doesn’t need a separate hub so would be better for me if it’s good. I won’t be able to get the EZB for a while, but will be going to Ikea soon so any feedback from those who’ve used the  EZB would be useful. 

Yeah, looks similar to the Ikea remote but doesn’t need a separate hub so would be better for me if it’s good. I won’t be able to get the EZB for a while, but will be going to Ikea soon so any feedback from those who’ve used the  EZB would be useful. 

The ikea hub is $70, and each remote is $18.  The EZB is $55.  So any cost savings is gone if you need 2 remotes.  EZB is using wifi, which is the reason it doesn’t need a hub and also why you’ll be recharging that battery often.  The ikea is using a much lower power protocol, not sure which, and operates on normal AAA batteries.  Should go a long time without a recharge.

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Good point, although I like the look of the volume knob on the EZB, and would really only need one for now. Ikea is £60 + £19 per remote, EZB is £55 in UK, so similar issue there if I decide to add more later. Thanks 

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

Good point, although I like the look of the volume knob on the EZB, and would really only need one for now. Ikea is £60 + £19 per remote, EZB is £55 in UK, so similar issue there if I decide to add more later. Thanks 

I forgot that ikea changed the remote, I have round first gen ikea symfonisk remotes and ezb looks similar. The ikea stuff runs on Zigbee IIRC, if you already have a smart home hub in your home that has zigbee the symfonisk remotes wight work with it just FYI.