Answered

Boost not connecting

• 26 December 2022
  • 2 replies

I have been running my Sonos system with the same setup for at least two years now. My issue started this morning when I could not access any music. After troubleshooting, I discovered that my Sonos Boost was slightly unplugged. I plugged it back in and reset the Boost device. Now, I can’t add the boost to my system. It either says that it could not find the device, or could not find the network. It basically says “We couldn’t find any Sonos products on XXXXXX (wifi) so we can’t set up your Boost”.

I have reset my ios device network, rebooted my router, and reset the Boost device, but still cannot establish a connection with my wifi. I was hoping that my Sonos controller on my PC could assist me, but I think they are two separate systems (?). Any suggestion would help me out greatly.

icon

Best answer by buzz 26 December 2022, 17:50

View original

2 replies

Any possibility of a hardware failure, either on the BOOST itself, or even the cable used to connect it to your router?

Power down BOOST and wire another unit to the network. If the system now operates, Factory Reset BOOST and add it to the system. At this point, if BOOST is not functioning, BOOST hardware failure is highly likely. You could confirm this by submitting a diagnostic and contacting SONOS support.