Skip to main content

Blusound Vs Sonos

• 21 June 2024
  • 5 replies

In light of this new app complete disaster (100% of my customers hate it, not to mention all the missing features, and the fact that Sonos continues to spend money marketing their stupid headphones instead of rolling back the app until they actually have a working product), I am considering other options. 

Does anyone here have any first hand experience with Blusound (or an alternative)? They have some interesting products that fill the hole in the products Sonos is lacking.

But I would really like to hear from some folks who actually sell and deploy alternate systems, preferably largeish  ones (20+ amps) per job. 

How's the app? Ease of use compared to the bulletproof S1

System hardware reliable?

Deployment easy?

Anything else?

Thanks in advance. 

5 replies

There might be some bluesound owners lurking, but you probably get a better response from a bluesound or non Sonos Community 

Such as 

https://www.reddit.com/r/Bluesound/s/zdgxWSQvLj

Userlevel 2
Badge

There might be some bluesound owners lurking, but you probably get a better response from a bluesound or non Sonos Community 

Such as 

https://www.reddit.com/r/Bluesound/s/zdgxWSQvLj

I understand, but I am looking for specific Sonos vs blusound comparison. I know there must be some dealers here who have made the switch.

There’s a thread by a Sonos owner third or fourth one done at that reddit link. Good luck in your hunt for a dealer response 👍🏾

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Based purely on my reddit parsings, the Bluesound app has its own issues, and lacks most of the music service support that Sonos users are accustomed to.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

You are a professional installer? Why not try Bluesound for yourself? That way you can advise your customers based on first hand experience and make compare both systems yourself. We look forward to your conclusions.

You could repeat the comparison in a few weeks or months, when (hopefully) Sonos has left these rocky times behind them…..