Skip to main content
Answered

BBC Sounds stopped working?

I have lots.of Sonos gear,... and been a user for 6 plus years... Never had an issue with streaming the BBC,.and negotiated the Tunein/BBC Sounds change with no disruption. 

Suddenly yesterday morning I was unable to connect to BBC Sounds. 'the  connection to BBC Sounds was lost'. I've reauthorise, deleted reconnected etc. Yes, my account thas a UK. Address.etc.

I can Bluetooth from my phone or tablet to a Move, but nothing on all the speakers.  I've tried my usual favourites and direct from the BBC service. 

Has anyone else had this?  Is it an update issue? Have Sonos and the BBC fallen out (again!) 

Any help would be appreciated

Cheers

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

20 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

S1 user here so possibly no help whatsoever but had no problem with BBC sounds today either as a live stream or podcast.

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

Thanks Ralpfocus, I'm on on S2, your input is appreciated. I'm stumped, after years of faultless performance this is not welcome.. 

Since Sonos hasn’t updated their software today, have you contacted the BBC?

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

Thanks for your suggestion.  I hadn't contacted the BBC, but as sudden as it stopped working, all day yesterday, this morning it's playing quite happily. 

I haven't changed anything so it would appear to be a BBC issue.

Thanks for taking time to help. 

BBC Sounds stopped working in the PC and Android at the same time this morning with a message saying Radio 3 no longer available on BBC Sounds. No warning and no other options for access work either. Seems to have been warned about some time ago in 2022 but was anything done to provide an alternative access through SONOS?

Userlevel 1
Badge

BBC Sounds stopped working in the PC and Android at the same time this morning with a message saying Radio 3 no longer available on BBC Sounds. No warning and no other options for access work either. Seems to have been warned about some time ago in 2022 but was anything done to provide an alternative access through SONOS?

Yeah same here, have been using Sounds fine through Sonos but now can’t get anything live, just stopped.  Accessing old content is fine but no live radio….

BBC Radio 3 is available via "myTuner Radio" if you have that service available in your Sonos App services.

Ditto nothing live will play, this should still be available for UK users 🙄

Same for me, as of this morning just a message saying  “Radio 5 live is no longer available on BBC sounds”.

Is there any fix for this, it’s a disaster as I live with the radio on all day in every room !?

i am in the UK and am signed into my BBC .

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Just to confirm I am having the same issue

Userlevel 2
Badge

Same here - no live BBC radio stations for the past hour.

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

Same here. It was working at 10:00 today (Radio 4) but now only World Service is available on BBC Sounds/Sonos although all BBC radio services are running fine on my portable (Android) gadgets.

Looks like a BBC problem,  but hope it gets sorted before the cricket starts again.....

Userlevel 1
Badge

Might be worth using this new thread if it stays broken - 

Userlevel 1

Same with me at around 11.30am, no warning 

Live radio was working fine for me earlier this morning, now when I select a station the information on the show appears but it doesn’t play. If I hit play on the app it thinks about it for a second and then just stops. Archive stuff is playing fine, and all other apps are working fine.

Userlevel 1

As said on the other thread too, Sonos have acknowledged the fault here: https://status.sonos.com/

It is back on again as if by magic. After a thoroughly unhelpful call to SONOS support (during which I was asked to reboot all my speakers and whilst I was doing this the agent closed the call!) If I am asked to review the call I will complain as it really wasn’t acceptable behaviour!

While the BBC integration fails, the BBC Sounds Communiy Edition seems to work without any problems.

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

I am the original post on this thread.   My experience for the last couple of weeks since is that sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't!  No consistency. 

More often than not it will not connect via the BBC Sonos service.  Sometimes it only works if initiated from Alexa. Other times nothing works.

Is this a BBC issue or Sonos?  Bloomin annoying! 

I have had trouble connecting to BBC sounds. I have now tracked it down to my router. If it connected to a 5g 3uk network it takes 5-10 try s to connect. If I switch the router to 4g only it works perfectly! I will see if Sonos support have come across this but probably they will say they don’t support LTE