Skip to main content
Answered

BBC Sounds podcasts not available this morning.

Today, when selecting any of my subscribed BBC Sounds podcasts, I get the message that they are no longer available on BBC Sounds. But they are, and I have to play them through the BBC Sounds app on my iPad. Sonos status page says all services are running fine, so no idea what the problem is. All was working well yesterday. Live radio from BBC Sounds is working ok. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Anyone else having this issue today? I’m based in the UK.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

21 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Yes, log it with BBC here:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/help/contact-sounds-help/

I am getting “show no longer available” from the Sounds app from all my subscribed (music) shows. Tried reauthorising, logging in and out, everything, no joy

Only Listen Live works.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Archmage et al

Thanks for your posts!

We’d like to look into this for you all. Could you all please recreate the issue then immediately submit support diagnostics? Once done, please report the given numbers here at your leisure, and I’ll forward them on to an engineer. Thanks.

If you could also verify for us that it is on-demand content specifically that produces errors, and that all live content is playable, that would be very helpful. Thanks again.

In addition, following @craigski’s advice is advised:

Done - 837576163

Yes, is specifically on demand content, all of it fails, whereas listen live stations work.

I also tried with on-demand content that I had subscribed to - no luck, I then tried a randomly selected playlist on the sounds app which was not connected to my account, and same problem again, so it won’t be related to my account.

Same error on both MacOS and iOS.

I have also submitted this to the BBC via the link you supplied.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi @Archmage et al

Thanks for your posts!

We’d like to look into this for you all. Could you all please recreate the issue then immediately submit support diagnostics? Once done, please report the given numbers here at your leisure, and I’ll forward them on to an engineer. Thanks.

If you could also verify for us that it is on-demand content specifically that produces errors, and that all live content is playable, that would be very helpful. Thanks again.

In addition, following @craigski’s advice is advised:

Yes, can confirm it’s only on-demand content that is unavailable. Live content is fine.

Support diagnostic number : 302558923

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Diag: 1912224680

Live BBC and podcasts via BBC Sounds App play fine.

Live BBC is OK via BBC Sounds Sonos music service, but podcasts fail.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @craigski, @Archmage & @robina8a 

Thank you kindly! Those should be enough to go on - I’ll pass them along.

Just to clarify - podcasts do not work, but nor do BBC Sounds music playlists, so all subscribed shows fail as do all BBC curated musical playlists (on the Sonos app).

Same problem here - also reported to BBC

Userlevel 1
Badge

🤷🏻‍♂️

Badge

Same problem too. Very annoying. Did I read there was a Sonos update today? Maybe that's the cause? 

Diagnostic number:566879450

This only affects podcasts, not live playback.

This is happening for all sounds content other than live radio.

Diagnostic 1224643041

Today, when selecting any of my subscribed BBC Sounds podcasts, I get the message that they are no longer available on BBC Sounds. But they are, and I have to play them through the BBC Sounds app on my iPad. Sonos status page says all services are running fine, so no idea what the problem is. All was working well yesterday. Live radio from BBC Sounds is working ok. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Seeing this exact behavior, live stations (checked Radio 1, 2 and 1xtra are working. No replays work, removed and re-added the accounts. Replays work fine from sounds app, and my downloader isn’t challenged either.  Just Sonos S1 system. Same error you are seeing, the replays are showing current and content search/indexing seems to be working, but the playback is borked, super frustrated. I listen to 99% on replay.

Same issue for me today and yesterday. No BBC Sounds listen again/on demand content working on Sonos. Getting "no longer available" message. All live stations play fine.

Diagnostics no 1553037746

Hi, same problem (in UK) reauthorised BBC sounds in Sonos app and software update, no change. Problem is only on demand, not live which still works. Reported to the BBC this morning.

Still the same problem today 30/08/2023 with BBC Sounds saying “no longer available”

Live plays fine all saved podcasts and downloads don’t 

Same problem.

Diagnostic number 38536243

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

BBC have acknowledged there is an issue:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/help/issues/smart-speaker/sonos-ondemand-fault

Smart speaker | Under investigation

*** Wednesday 30 August ***

We're aware that some people are unable to listen to on demand content on their Sonos device and they're getting a message that says the BBC content is unavailable.

This seems to be working again now.

I have received an email from the BBC stating:

Thanks for contacting BBC Sounds support about having issues listening to BBC on demand content on your Sonos device.

We raised this with our engineers and they've now got back in touch to tell us this has been fixed.

Apologies for any inconvenience caused but we appreciate you letting us know of this fault.