BBC sounds - no sound

• 24 June 2023
  • 2 replies

I've had no problems at all with bbc sounds for 2 years. I had to update my sonos move it in the week and when I say Alexa play BBC radio 2 it says ‘playing bbc radio 2’ but no sound then plays. I've done the whole settings thing on both the alexa app disabling the skill and waiting and i’ve removed bbc sounds from the sonos app. nothing works.  

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Does it work directly from the Sonos app?

This will determine whether its a BBC Sounds problem or an Alexa voice integration problem.

I’ve got a similar problem. I have two Play 1s, a One, a Move and a Play 5. Everything works through the app but SOME voice features no longer work, though some do, For example

• Alexa, Set a timer for 5 minutes - Works
  • Alexa, what time is it? Works    
  • Alexa, what’s the weather forecast for Leeds? Works.

BUT

• Alexa, What’s playing? (Having started playback from the app) Alexa replies “I don’t know that” or occasionally “There is nothing playing”
  • Alexa, Skip. (Having started playback from the app) Alexa replies “I don’t know that” or occasionally “There is nothing playing”
  • Alexa stop playing: No response 

I’ve disabled/re-enabled Alexa without success.