Skip to main content

I am trying to access various bbc radio stations via bbc sounds, but can’t get anything. Is there currently a problem? Thx

I don’t see anything listed on https://status.sonos.com

Have you tried a reboot of your router? Or checked that your location is set properly on your account at www.sonos.com?

Hi Bruce

i have done all that. Also I am able to access bbc radio 2 for example via alternative service platform such as MyTuner radio. When I click on for example  5 live radio in bbc sounds, I get the 5 live symbol, but no sounds comes out. I can only conclude there is an issue with bbc sounds and I’m wondering if other have the same issue. 

Russ 

Hi Bruce

i have done all that. Also I am able to access bbc radio 2 for example via alternative service platform such as MyTuner radio. When I click on for example  5 live radio in bbc sounds, I get the 5 live symbol, but no sounds comes out. I can only conclude there is an issue with bbc sounds and I’m wondering if other have the same issue. 

Russ 

No issue with BBC Sounds. All working fine here.
Try logging out of the Sonos app, close it down, then open it back up and log back in again. 

Thanks Ronny. Will try that 

Hi Bruce

Russ 

BBC Sounds also working fine here. Maybe try to reauthorize the service in the app to see if that fixes your issue.

I had the same issue yesterday trying to access this through the Android App. I then tried through the desktop App and when I did I received a meesage that I needed to re-validate my Sounds Account to connect it to Sonos. Very simple, just had to login through the link. Having done this, it then worked fine through both the Android App and desktop.

Would of course have been helpful if the Android App had told me that this was what was required, but well, that’s currently the least of the issues with the App...

If BBC Sounds is not working from Sonos App, I would always try using the native BBC Sounds App to confirm status.

If you have AirPlay compatible Sonos speakers, try to AirPlay. I personally find the BBC Sounds App easier to find specific content, but I do have BBC Sounds radio stations as Sonos favourites and Alarms.

I also like the feature when you Airplay from BBC Sounds, the new Sonos App will also display the album art/meta data from BBC sounds.

I also like the feature when you Airplay from BBC Sounds, the new Sonos App will also display the album art/meta data from BBC sounds.

The same feature happens on BBC Sounds as a music service via the Sonos app.

The same feature happens on BBC Sounds as a music service via the Sonos app.

Yes, of course 😀

What I was describing is something different. If you AirPlay from BBC Sounds native App, the album art and meta data is displayed in the BBC Sounds native App, as you would expect.

If you then open the Sonos App, you will also see the same album art and meta data initiated from BBC Sounds via AirPlay displayed in the Sonos App, with ‘AirPlay’ as source rather than ‘BBC Sounds’. 

ie both apps are in sync with content.