Answered

BBC Radio Shows not found

• 28 December 2020
  • 6 replies

I have a few shows from the BBC saved in my Sonos. The latest shows no longer can be found on my Sonos not when searching for them. It seems to only find shows from a month of so ago ..

icon

Best answer by Empy 1 January 2021, 11:22

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @Bobby Litch.

Welcome, thank you for reaching out to Sonos Community, We appreciate your time and effort in posting your concern here in our community.

Have you check already the stations on other devices and if it's still playing?

Or there might be some changes or update on BBC that's why it's no longer showing up?

If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know.

Yes there have been numerous shows since which you can listen to on the BBC

I think it must be something to do with BBC & Sonos. 

was also happening on the S1 app before I recentl updated 

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @Bobby Litch.

Welcome, thank you for reaching back to Sonos Community.

Have you tried using  Sonos Radio and TuneIn for you’re BBC stations?

If this still doesn't work for you contacting BBC might solve the mystery for missing stations.

Let us know if it works. If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know.

Userlevel 1

The BBC made a change on December 2nd and TuneIn haven’t updated their side.

To clarify, it appears that the primary change will be that anyone requesting access to BBC Audio On-Demand feeds will need an API key from the BBC to gain access.

These feeds, as described in the Terms and Conditions (attached to the feeds), are meant to be used by manufacturers and aggregators on a Business-to-business basis, and then the information can then be syndicated by manufacturers to their radio devices.

API keys will be given to manufacturers/aggregators upon request (assuming compliance with the BBC’s Distribution Policy).

So for a while the last on-demand show listed on TuneIn, for all BBC shows, was the one from Dec 1st or earlier. Now, since that’s 30 days ago, there are none listed at all.

Note that recent on-demand BBC content is still available via RadioPlayer. This isn’t really an ideal substitute for TuneIn, because shows only remain available for a day or two rather than a week or more, but it’s something at least.

If you would like this to be fixed, I would suggest that you email TuneIn support, as I have, though you’ll probably have to waste some time persuading them of what the actual issue is.

Obviously, a better fix would be for either the BBC to release an app for Sonos (they are still thinking about it, apparently) or for Sonos Radio to support BBC on-demand content (no plans to share, apparently) but neither of these appear to be imminent.

Thanks @Empy that explains it.

Userlevel 1

You’re welcome. I should add that TuneIn have since said that they’re now working with the BBC to fix the problem, though it still wouldn’t hurt to drop them an email to add further voices to the mix.