Answered

BBC Radio 2 UK

• 3 December 2022
  • 9 replies

I used to listen to Radio 2 on Sinos via Tunein and that service was removed.I now listen via Radio Net.According to ads this service will also be withdrawn early 2023.Any other alternatives?

Thanks

Richard 

icon

Best answer by John B 3 December 2022, 22:40

View original

9 replies

Hi.  Are you in the UK?  I’d guess so from thread title? If so you should be using the BBC Sounds service in Sonos now anyway.  I think you may have misunderstood the upcoming change as well, but can we confirm your location first please, as it affects the answer.

Thanks.I am in the UK.Did not realise that I could add the BBC Sound services to Sonos.

Richard 

Just go to Services & Voice, Music & Content, Add a Service.

BBC Sounds should be in the list of available services.

This gives access to the on demand content as well as live BBC radio. So it is a significant free enhancement from Sonos.

Thank you.Sorted

Can you listen to BBC Sounds on multiple Sonos speakers?  I ask because you can no longer do this on Echo devices?

Can you listen to BBC Sounds on multiple Sonos speakers?  I ask because you can no longer do this on Echo devices?

I have just tried this. I listened to the same live stream in two rooms, then different live streams in two rooms, and finally a live stream and a podcast.

So the answer to your question is a resounding yes.

Hi John

Thank you so much.  I will definitely consider Sonos then.  Can I ask you one more question please.  If I purchase a Sonos Arc for our TV will I be able to listen to the TV in sync on Sonos speakers elsewhere in the property?  Thank you.

Hi.  You can play music sources on all Sonos speakers in perfect sync.  For TV sound the sync would not be perfect (but close, and adjustable)  That may not matter anyway, because if you cannot see the TV, perfect lip sync doesn’t matter.

Note: You cannot play Echo and Sonos devices in sync with each other. 

Thanks for your help John.