Answered

BBC Radio 2 (Sonos Radio)

• 22 June 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Is anyone experiencing issue with BBC Radio 2 not playing via Sonos Radio?

All of a sudden today I can’t get it to play via the IOS app or the PC app. All other BBC stations 1-6 are working fine. I can get I to play via Sounds streamed to a speaker but not via Sonos.

I’ve checked for updates etc, etc but no joy.

Ideas welcomed

icon

Best answer by Landerson 22 June 2021, 13:00

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Badge +17

Hi @Darren_Judge,

We’re aware that some BBC streams are experiencing playback issues through TuneIn and Sonos Radio this morning. For the time being, please use a different streaming service such as MyTunerRadio or Radioplayer to listen to BBC Radio broadcasts.

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Had the same, R3 and R4 working fine - but R2 would try to play then give up after a couple of seconds.

Managed to solve by going to (on Win 10) Controller and choosing [Help, Reset Controller...]

Userlevel 1
Badge

Had the same, R3 and R4 working fine - but R2 would try to play then give up after a couple of seconds.

Managed to solve by going to (on Win 10) Controller and choosing [Help, Reset Controller...]

Great tip. I neglected to state I was using Mac software but the reset controller seems to have fixed the issue.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi @Darren_Judge,

We’re aware that some BBC streams are experiencing playback issues through TuneIn and Sonos Radio this morning. For the time being, please use a different streaming service such as MyTunerRadio or Radioplayer to listen to BBC Radio broadcasts.

Ok, thanks. It seems to be working now having reset the controller as suggested by Landerson