Authorisation

• 24 June 2023
  • 4 replies

• Contributor I
  • 2 replies

Upon attempting to open Sonos, my MacBook Air cannot find my Sonos system (sub, 2 x Play 1, soundbar in family room and 1 x play 3 in bedroom). When I try to update to update the controller, the message is that I am not authorised to make changes. I have owned this system for 10 years and this issue has never arisen before. I recently updated my MacBook Air to Ventura 13.4.1. The Sonos help bot is not helpful at all. Has anyone else had any similar problems? Any hints?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7

Hi

• Click on the Apple in upper left corner of display > System Settings > Privacy and Security > Accessibility > Locate Sonos > Move Slider Button to Right (Make sure it’s Blue).
  • Click on the Apple in upper left corner of display > System Settings > Privacy and Security > Security > Select App Store and Identified Developers

Try updating Sonos app

Many thanks AjTrek1. Have checked the settings as advised and all was correct. It looks like i will have to re-install the app and the whole system as the next step.

Thanks again,

Don3

Userlevel 7

Reinstalling the Sonos app may help. When say “reinstall the system” do you mean the MacOS? If so you should make a Time Machine back-up first to restore your system in case of a catastrophe data loss of everything during the re-install process.

Thanks again, I hope not to have to reinstall the whole system, but regular time machine backups are useful. I’ll start with the Sonos app reinstallation first.