Answered

Audio stops by itself

• 27 February 2023
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

Hello to all,

recently, listenings to an internet radio via SONOS , the audio stops by itself.

It is not due to the internet radio connection (Tune in).

The system is near the modem (very good wi fi connection).

It happens after more than 1 hour of no stop listening .

Any clue?

icon

Best answer by Corry P 3 March 2023, 12:26

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Userlevel 7

Try unplugging the affected speaker from power for a couple of minutes and reboot your router and phone.

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

Try unplugging the affected speaker from power for a couple of minutes and reboot your router and phone.

Hello, thanks for the reply, It happens to the all “Home cinema” system (1 beam V2 + 2 SL + Mini SUb).

WIch should I unplugg?

Userlevel 7

Unplug the Beam.

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

Unplug the Beam.

I ‘ll give it a go.

Thanks😊

May I also ask you how to position the Mini Sub?

It’s agains the wall  below the Beam (above the Beam I have the TV and both attached to the wall)

The “holes” of the mini sub must be parallel or can be perpendicular regards the wall?🤔

I red that it should not matter….but I think that if the “holes” are perpendicular, the “wave sound” that goes against the wall will be bounced back and give a worst audio...🙄

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

It still happens…

please help.

Giagnostic number 1928380244.

😥

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @flybyme 

Thanks for your post!

Your diagnostic doesn’t indicate any playback errors at all, which means the Beam stopped playing because it was, in some way, told to. There are some Alexa commands from around that time, and commands coming from “Lisa’s” phone, but it could also be that the Beam detected a momentary signal from it’s HDMI input. I presume no-one was telling it to stop, as that wouldn’t be much of a mystery.

As an experiment, please disable Autoplay on the Beam: Settings » System » Sala » disable TV Autoplay. While this setting is off, you can use the Sonos app or the Alexa command “Alexa, switch to TV” to get TV audio playing.

If this prevents the Beam from stopping radio playback by itself, then the cause could be the TV itself, or an HDMI device connected to the TV. Rebooting the TV by unplugging it for at least 2 minutes (and then re-enabling Autoplay) would be a good place to start. Disabling CEC functions on HDMI-connected devices may also help (these usually refer to TV power, volume and input switching), or just disconnect the devices to see if that helps (again with Autoplay back on).

I hope this helps.

Edit: There’s a good amount of Alexa grouping commands around the time playback stopped - please be sure there have been no Alexa commands given in other parts of the house the next time this happens. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

Thanks, I will it give a try!

Thnaks a lot!!!