Answered

Audio Dropout on BBC Sounds

• 3 October 2023
  • 1 reply

We use the BBC Sounds app as an alarm every morning, recently the audio will play for an amount of time before dropping out. It will pick up again for a few seconds before dropping again. I’ve tried rebooting, updating and we use a Boost so the products are on a SonosNet.

I submitted a diagnostic

Any help would be very appreciated!

Peter

Moderator Edit: Removed diagnostics number from the post

icon

Best answer by Jamie A 4 October 2023, 13:24

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @Pete.S, welcome to the Sonos Community!

I’ve had a look into your diagnostics and can see that the system is experiencing synchronization errors, specifically on the Play:3 named Bedroom. Synchronization errors are, most of the time, caused by interference, so I would recommend a few changes or adjustments.

As you’re on SonosNet, try changing your SonosNet channel in the app, you can do this by going to Settings > System > Network > SonosNet Channel. You’re currently on channel 6, so try channel 1 and 11 to see if that stops the dropouts from happening.

If your Play:3 is near devices that may cause interference, then I would suggest moving them at least half a meter, or further if possible, away from the Play:3. We have a list of devices that are known to cause interference on our article on how to reduce wireless interference.

I would also suggest wiring the Play:3 to your router as a test to check if that stops the audio dropouts during an alarm, or moving it closer to your Sonos Boost. This would just be temporary to test if the audio dropouts still occur.

I hope this helps!