Answered

Audible Library Organization

• 22 December 2020
  • 5 replies

Is there a way to order/organize the Audible library on the Sonos app? Every time I want to listen to a book, I have to sort through any number of other books. I’ve called Audible but they can’t help and suggest that I call Sonos.  I have over 50 titles in my library. There are 3 of us in our household so we have a lot of books and read for different reasons and at different paces.

icon

Best answer by controlav 23 December 2020, 16:16

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Unfortunately, Sonos does no sorting of the data supplied by the streamer’s servers. 

Agh! So frustrating.  Audible says they have no control over the Sonos app. The library in the stand alone Audible app is much more easily manageable so I’m not sure why Audible would tangle up their library . Sonos does go for looks over use. I’ve had trouble with their library org since I started with them. It would  be nice if they’d offer more user flexibility.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Call Audible again if you want this fixed. Sonos has no business messing with the lists that music services provide (and in many cases cannot anyway): it is up to the music service to supply the data in an order that the user finds helpful. Audible’s claim that they have no control over the Sonos app indicates you spoke to someone with no idea of how this works, you should try again and escalate to someone who does. Point them to https://developer.sonos.com/reference/sonos-music-api/getmetadata/ if you get further pushback.

Thank you. I will use your reply to assist me.