Question

Atmos sound stopped working in Era 300

Show first post

71 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hey!

It finally works! Five minutes it suddenly showed the Atmos tag. Also for Lossless!

And it sounds right as it should.

Great!!

Userlevel 1

For me as well!

Same issue here (United States). I just set up my era 300 and when playing dolby atmos from Apple Music or the Sonos App (with Apple music service) the dolby atmos banner disappears. Uninstalled and reinstalled the sonos app, disconnected and reconnected apple music service, toggled on/off spatial audio, etc to no avail. Playing a movie with dolby atmos sonos arc+era300x2 works though. 

Userlevel 1

I’ve updated to latest version of Sonos app released yesterday and removed and readded Apple Music but still no atmos or lossless badge on my era 300 stereo pair. Works fine on home theatre set up. Starting to get a tad frustrating.

Userlevel 2

Just did the same as @DavPrit and the same issue. Still no atmos tag or atmos sound with Apple Music.

Seems to be working for me now also, although I had to uninstall the app on my phone and install it again. Then I just did “Join existing system” and played a Spatial Audio song which shows up now with Dolby Atmos.

Userlevel 2

Good news!

Re-added apple music earlier today and no atmos. Just checked a few hours later...Suddendly started working!

Userlevel 1

Happy Days … it is finally back working. Not sure if it is coincidence or fixed it but I restarted my WiFi mesh network, reset the Sonos app and restarted the era 300 stereo pair that had the issue and now the blessed atmos badge and spatial sound is back. Here’s hoping it stays!

Badge

Still no luck on my end. What seems to be the fix?

Userlevel 2

@NickT123

For me, after updating the Sonos App to the latest version yesterday, I removed Apple Music and re-added it, atmos didnt appear.

A few hours later, tried apple music via the Sonos App again, Atmos started working.

Looking at this thread, some users have had it working earlier than others - so I would recommend removing and re-adding Apple Music then try later on today to see if it starts working for you.

Fingers crossed for you!

I’m not sure what’s made it work again, but Atmos is fixt after i did the following:

• deleted Sonos app from phone

• restarded WIFI network 

• unplugged both era 300’s

• reinstalled Sonos app

• deleted the stereo pair and set it up again

After the first 4 steps in wasn’t working. But after deleting the stereo pair and setting it up again it worked. So i think last step is essential. 

I also deleted Apple Music from the Sonos app several times, before setting up the stereo pair again. One of those steps should made it work again. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

I’m not sure what’s made it work again, but Atmos is fixt after i did the following:

After the first 4 steps in wasn’t working. But after deleting the stereo pair and setting it up again it worked. So i think last step is essential. 

I don’t believe a stereo pair would fix the Apple Atmos streaming issue. Era 300’s natively support Atmos, either singular or in a pair.

I don’t believe a stereo pair would fix the Apple Atmos streaming issue. Era 300’s natively support Atmos, either singular or in a pair.

Yes, singular era 300 supports Atmos aswell. But maybe disconnecting en reconnecting them, made it work?!

Badge

Still no luck on my end. What seems to be the fix?

We’re back in business over here - Restarting the 300 today seems to have pushed it over the goal line.

Thanks everyone!

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

So I’m sitting here watching Euros. Half time and I thought I would run another test. I’ve done no resets or anything else, miraculously both atmos and lossless suddenly work with Apple 🍏 music for both atmos and lossless!!??

So come on Sonos what did you do?????

Because I’ve done nothing on my side for days believing the service is broken and I can do nothing until sonos fix it???

Uninstalled the Sonos app from my iPad due to WiFi issues. Installed it again.

I turned on the music and the Atmos badge was on the playback screen.

I went into the settings and it turned out that I had spatial audio turned off.

I turned it on and off several times in the settings and the Atmos badge did not disappear when spatial audio was turned off.

Now I don't know if the music is in Atmos or not. How to find out? By ear, I guess.

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

You would definitely know when the music is in atmos

Any updates? 

Same problem as everyone else:  Amazon works with ERA 300s, Apple doesn’t

Atmos in Apple works for me, but I started having problems with WiFi disconnection.

Userlevel 1

Atmos started working in my Era300, when playing through Sonos app. I did no new reconfigs to my setup, so it must have been a Sonos SW update. Still, at times I don't get even lossless, when playing Apple music through Sonos app. This may be due to the original song version not being in lossless codec, though. Anyway, the Atmos problem seems solved for me. 

As for Sonos support, I would adviced taking customer feedback more seriously. You market your products in premium category, so it is reasonable to assume that your customers expect premium service as well as premium experience from the whole Sonos system.

By the latter I mean that you need to focus on usability and performance of you app. It is so central piece of your value proposition that you need to get it right. Moreover, it is not adviseable to force your customers to use only your app for Atmos, but allow us to use what ever app we prefer. Your customers will love Sonos products more when they can access them with apps they like.