Question

Atmos sound stopped working in Era 300

Show first post

71 replies

Badge

I have a similar issue with my Era 300. Won’t play Atmos or Lossless through Apple Music (in Sonos app).

All other speakers in my setup will play Lossless, but as soon as I add the 300 into the mix the Lossless badge disappears.

On its own, the 300 would usually play in Atmos where available, then switch to Lossless if any other speakers were added to the mix.

This started yesterday evening after I factory reset the 300 to fix a connection issue. Was there a firmware update that went live yesterday?

Userlevel 1

I’m in Ireland and have the exact same problem here. Era 300 stereo pair no longer playing atmos with Apple Music via the Sonos app. This was working yesterday. 

Userlevel 7

Since I don’t have Eras but Arc + OneSLs, it looks the issue is more Arc- than Era-related 

Works fine on my Arc with Sub and Era 300’s as surrounds.

Userlevel 2

Same issue here 

Today I have factory reset all of my sonos speakers to allow me to add apple music (preciously couldn't add apple music, always said something went wrong) and after re-adding Apple Music, I cannot get dolby atmos working on the arc or my era 300s or, when set up, in my surround sound setup.

Dolby Atmos is working fine with Amazon Music Unlimited.

See video here https://www.reddit.com/r/sonos/s/g5GfkLCvgo

People are having same issue all around the world yet Sonos is saying it isn’t their problem. 

Like all the others, I also can get Dolby atmos with Amazon music. 

However, like many others, I purchased the pair of ERA 300s with intent to play Dolby atmos music through Apple Music. It that isn’t working, it’s basically a defective product.

Userlevel 2

I hope it is just a matter of time before sonos realize what the issue is, whether guidance for us or an investigation their side. You're right, it is occurring across different set ups and seems to have occurred this past week.

I've been a sonos owner for 5 years and been using apple music atmos since it was introduced. This is the first time I've seen it not working and tried a fair few troubleshooting methods

• factory reset all devices
  • Reauthorize apple music
  • Re-add apple music
  • Removed era 300 surrounds from Arc and tried atmos on the arc and 2x era 300s as standalone devices
  • Re-added surrounds to arc
  • Toggled on/off spatial sound options in the app
  • 1 month trial of Amazon music to test music atmos (atmos worked)

Please help us sonos. So many people having this issue cannot be a coincidence?

Hi Sonos Support,

Same issue here from Malaysia.

i have tried both of my Era 300 individually or pair in stereo. Neither one method is getting Dolby atmos badge in Apple Music streaming through Sonos apps.

the spatial setting is On. 

maybe Sonos shall look into this issue seriously as this is the selling point of this era 300 speaker.

Thank you so much..

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi there,

Same issue here, no Atmos - neither tag in the app player nor Atmos/height sound from the speaker- when played Apple Music through the Sonos app. The Lossless neither is showing in lossless songs.

For information on a Beam gen 1, the Lossless is showing.

Region: Spain, Europe.

Please a solution 🙂

Flo

Userlevel 1

Same issue here. Sonos tech support provided no help either. 

Hi @yakuzah 

We were unable to reproduce this issue in our testing. I recommend you remove the Apple Music service from your Sonos system, then add it again.

Remove a music service account from Sonos

Add a music service to Sonos

If that does not solve the issue, I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and what it reports.

I hope this helps.

LIES. I did this about 3 times and still have issues. it is on you, Sonos!

Userlevel 1

I’m in Ireland and have the exact same problem here. Era 300 stereo pair no longer playing atmos with Apple Music via the Sonos app. This was working yesterday. 

The issue persists today unfortunately. My era 300 stereo pair have stopped playing atmos tracks from Apple Music. I have tried all the suggestions like reboots, readding music etc but to no avail. Interestingly the issue does not happen on my separate home theatre system (beam g2, sub mini, 2xera 300 rears) which plays Apple Music atmos and shows badge.

i trust with all the similar descriptions from people around the world that it is a bug on the Sonos side and once the root cause is determined Sonos will be able to centrally deploy a fix. 

Userlevel 2

@Corry P more instances from users about atmos not working with Apple Music.

This does not seem to be an isolated user issue but a common trend. With more reported occurrences on this thread, please can sonos help look into this for us.

Thank you in advance!

Having the same issue with my Era 300. Done all the suggestions with reauthorising, removing Apple Music, resetting device to factory.

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Thanks everyone for your testing and input. 

it appears Sonos has a wider issue randomly affecting different individuals who can no longer receive atmos on Apple Music when streamed through the official Sonos app!

Amazon Music appears to work correctly. 

My hunch is a bug in software. 

i spoke with Sonos support this morning and they were unable to resolve the issue. 

after numerous resets by us all and even factory resetting the atmos tracks still do not work. 

i am guessing a lot more people are experiencing this issue. Let’s hope they find this thread and as their voice to this forum. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi Everyone

As we are unable to reproduce this issue ourselves, I encourage you all to please get in touch with our technical support team who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and what it reports - if it is not a local issue, then we need reports from people’s systems in order to investigate further.

I hope this helps.

hi @Corry P I’ve been in touch with the technical support team and they were not able to resolve the issue. What should I do in this instance?

Userlevel 1

I just spent 1hr 20 mins on support chat going through all the same troubleshooting and sending diagnostics but to no avail. Hopefully this will be resolved soon. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

I too have finally spoken to tech support and no fix

I just bought my sonos this week and it seems to be in the week that apple music/dolby crashes :( 
I was on chat support and they couldn’t solve it, have been waiting in phone que now and fear I will still be without a solution after waiting on hold and troubleshooting it. If I have a better answer, I will let everyone know. 

Also dolby atmos still works on my beam with apple music via sonos app. It’s only on the new era 300 that its’ not working… not sure if anyone else is experiencing that. 

I am in Switzerland but use a USA apple music account :p 

Userlevel 2

FYI, the new 80.03.06 app update released today still exhibits the same issue. 

After today's update:
80/03/03 (Android)
80/03/06 (iOS)
The Atmos badge appeared on Android, but it is still not available on iOS.

Update: After removing Apple from Sonos and adding it again - the Atmos badge is also available on iOS.

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Just removed Apple Music from the latest Sonos app on IOS and re-added, and no difference. 

Still no atmos badge. 

Userlevel 1

Same

Badge

Just bought a (single) new Era 300, can not get Atmos to work either