Answered

Artist Playlist always includes Willie Nelson

• 13 February 2023
  • 2 replies

I use the Sonos app to stream Spotify to my One SL and when I search for artists and select the “Top Tracks” it always includes Willie Nelson’s “Roll me up and smoke me when I die”. I don’t have this issue on Spotify app itself. 
I have this issue with every artist I’ve searched for. How do I delete this song from the Top Tracks playlist?

icon

Best answer by Corry P 15 February 2023, 15:19

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @amayer 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

I haven’t heard of this before, and was unable to reproduce it myself (a couple of colleagues tried too).

I’m doubtful that there’s much I can suggest that will help, but I recommend trying a reset of the Sonos app, just because it is easy. Restart the app afterwards, and choose Connect to an Existing System.

The music services are responsible for the search results, however, and the link to Spotify is retained by the speakers and not the app, so removing your Spotify account from Sonos and adding it again may also help: Remove a music service account from Sonos

You could also try disliking (Thumbs-down) the track in the Spotify app - perhaps that will remove it from your results.

Failing that, I can only recommend contacting Spotify, but I would not be surprised if they direct you back in our direction, seeing as the Spotify app doesn’t do the same. They may be able to do something to your account, however.

If anyone else reading this is able to reproduce this issue, please let it be known by posting here. Thanks.

I hope this helps.

Every playlist containing that Willie Nelson song sounds like some sort of surreal nightmare.  In fact, are you sure that you didn’t dream this?