Skip to main content

Are there efforts from Sonos to improve integration with other manufacturers again

Hi,
I am referring to the following thread:

In summary, it is about complaints from several users that the streaming integration of large providers into the Sonos ecosystem has not been working properly for some time. Spotify is named as the biggest player.

The discussion also revealed that Spotify and Sonos have been aware of the problem for some time, but there are no plans to fix it. It also seems clear that Sonos, as the service provider, is responsible for fixing the problem and not Spotify. This is because the Spotify integration seems to work perfectly with other systems (e.g. Bose).

In my personal experience, the quality of the Sonos system has deteriorated rapidly since the last major update to 80.00 two months ago. Since that update, Apple AirPlay has virtually stopped working reliably, resulting in constant dropouts on our Sonos Roam and Sonos Era 100 speakers. This cannot be a WiFi connectivity issue, as we did not experience these dropouts prior to the update. We are seeing this behavior with both Spotify and Audible in combination with AirPlay.

Spotify Connect works reasonably well, but again there are repeated dropouts. As the other thread suggests, we were experiencing this even before the major update, so unfortunately nothing has improved here.

In addition, the usability of the new Sonos app has gotten really bad. Response time has slowed considerably, sometimes the entire Sonos system or one or two boxes can't be found, and it's easy to get lost in the Sonos app. I also miss some of the useful features of the old app (like snooze mode for my Sonos Roam speakers).

Is Sonos planning to improve this? Otherwise, I will decide on a different sound system in the next few months. For the market leader in smart speakers, the current behavior is absolutely unacceptable. Right now, I can barely use my expensive Sonos boxes as anything other than basic Bluetooth speakers.

Florian 

0 replies

Be the first to reply!