Apple Music wont sign in

• 24 October 2020
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1
  • Trending Lyricist I
  • 16 replies

Hi,

I had to change my Apple ID password and since then I cannot sign into Apple music on the Sonos app. This is an issue on both my android and iOS devices.

I've signed out/back in, uninstalled/reinstalled the app, but nothing works. 

Can you advise how I can fix this please?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

8 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @GraPC.

Welcome, thank you for reaching out to Sonos Community. I totally understand where you're coming from and I’m here to help.

I would recommend contacting apple about this since you're not able to sign in to both devices.

It might be an account credential issue and not Sonos.

If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know.

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hi @Mark P 

I can sign in to apple music on all my devices with no problems, so the issue isn't an apple one, the problem is with the Sonos app on my devices. When I try to add apple music as a service I get stuck in an infinite loop of signing in. This happens on whatever device use; I've tried 3 phones and an iPad, all the issue. This has only happened since I changed my Apple password last night. 

I've seen people on here with the same issue but with no solutions posted.

Please can you help?

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hi @Mark P are you able to help with this issue? Every post I find relating to this on the community doesn't seem to have been resolved and it looks like it's been happening to people for the last 2 years?

If it's not something you can fix, can you advise who at Sonos I need to contact?

Thanks

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Further to that the Sonos app gives an error message saying it's JavaScript and it's encountered and error??

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @GraPC.

Welcome, thank you for reaching back to Sonos Community.

Since you're getting an error this is most likely an application issue.

Have you already tried to uninstall and reinstall the app?

Is this error message just showing to the phone that you cannot log in to your apple music account?

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hi @Mark P 

I get the errors on the Sonos app on both android and iOS.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled the Sonos app on all my devices and I've tried the same with apple music.

I can access apple music so there are no issues with the account and I have it linked with Alexa which is fine. My partner's also has her Apple music account linked and that is fine, it is just my account won't sign in since I change the Apple password last night??

Do I need to factory reset everything and start again? I hope not 

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hi @Mark P 

Is there any update on how I can fix this? I've tried every possible combination of resetting, uninstalling and reinstalling, apart from a full system reset; I'd like to avoid this if I can.

Please can you look into this or point me in the right direction. Should I submit a diagnostic report?

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @GraPC.

Welcome, thank you for reaching back to Sonos Community. 

Sorry for the late reply. no need to do any factory data reset, we recommend calling our customer phone support on this so you can be assisted with more thorough and in-depth troubleshooting steps.

Apparently, they are open on weekdays only.

But I will still look for some other options that we can try. I can probably send you a private message once were able to figure out how to fix this issue.