Answered

Apple Music “unable to browse music”

• 25 February 2023
  • 3 replies

I’ve seen this question asked before but no real answers have been provided, at least that I have seen.  What is the fix for this issue?

icon

Best answer by Jamie A 27 February 2023, 12:58

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @Trill14n, welcome to the Sonos Community!

The ‘Unable to Browse’ error can be caused in a few different ways, but generally it shows up when there is a firewall or Domain Name System (DNS) issue.

First, it’s best to perform the simple actions, such as: removing then re-adding Apple Music, trying a different controller, and trying a different music service.

If the issue only occurs on one controller, then check the controller for any VPNs or security apps or any special DNS settings on the controller that may cause address lookup failures.

If the issue occurs across multiple devices, but only for Apple Music, then I’d recommend submitting a diagnostics and reaching out to our support team for further assistance. They have the tools available to troubleshoot this issue for you.

I hope this information helps!

Thank you! Deleting and reconnecting Apple Music seems to have fixed my issue 

Quick fix for “Unable to browse Apple Music” alert.  Simply go to “Settings” from the gear icon lower right corner.  Select “Services & Voice”.  Under “Music Content” select “Apple Music”.  Select the “Reauthorize Account” and re-enter your Apple password.  Voila...browsing is now enabled!