Apple music tracks greyed out

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

I’ve got Apple music as a service. Some of my tracks are randomly greyed out now in playlists. They are fully available in Apple Music and play fine in iTunes from the same playlist. I do NOT have any parental crap turned on inside the Sonos app. I’ve dropped and re-added the Apple Music service in Sonos.

Still greyed out tracks. My brother has a similar system and is noticing the same crap.

Any solution?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

27 replies

Userlevel 7

Perhaps this will help: 

Badge

This just started happening to me yesterday. I am seeing multiple songs greyed out that I know has played in the past week.

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Perhaps this will help: 

Wrong. That’s for scanning a library of tracks that you own which is on a NAS. My problem relates to songs greyed out in playlists for the Appl Music Service.

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

This just started happening to me yesterday. I am seeing multiple songs greyed out that I know has played in the past week.

Are you using Apple Music as well?

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Well now it’s even more screwed. When I open “My Music” under “Apple Music” in the Sonos app it says “We’ve run into a problem. Try Again” . So now it’s completely pooched.

Badge

Yes seeing this only on Apple Music and also at times getting the message “We’ve run into a problem. Try Again” Spotify and other services no issues. 

I have the exact same issue and it started some time the last week. Suddenly certain songs and albums from certain artists can’t be played on my sonos speakers through the sonos app. I’ve restarted evertying, reinstalled the app and also tried to redo the playlists with the songs. Every time it’s the same. BUT i can play all the songs via apple music on all my devices and if i use my sonos move with airplay from my phone i can play the songs. I’ve searched everywhere to find out why this is happening but haven’t found any answer. Would be really good to hear what’s going on from someone at Sonos.

Same issue here, just discovered it this morning but could’ve been going on a bit longer… One interesting symptom: an album that we have this issue with has a single track that I have purposefully excluded from our library (just don’t like the song)... that happens to be the only song from the album that Sonos makes available to play. See the attached screenshot. Just spent 30 minutes on chat with a rep, of course he wanted to spend most of the time focusing on my end — specific system, questioning my Internet speed, asking me to hardwire a speaker to my router... didn’t matter how many times I told him that it isn’t just me with the issue!

The behavior I am seeing leads me to believe it has to do very specifically with the way the Sonos app authorizes Apple Music playback.

Having pretty much the same issue. I have created several of my own playlists in Apple Music, which I use on Sonos via Apple Music streaming. I’ve noticed that recently, songs that used to play are now grey and will not play.

The real kicker is that if I search for the greyed out songs in Apple Music via the sonos app, I can find and play them without any problem.

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Clearly they have an issue that needs resolved ASAP. What is the best way to get Sonos involved to fix this? Call them I guess?

Calling them sounds wise. I wrote an email to their support. It’s spcific artists that are greyed in my lists. For example; Ane Bruun, Anouar Brahem and around 10 other artists i’ve spotted. it’s the same artists in all playlists.

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Mine is random.

I used their chat, but it’s exhausting working through their troubleshooting checklist with a basic rep — they want to try everything to verify your end, change Wi-Fi channel to a “less congested channel” (didn’t matter I live on 4 acres and have no other networks nearby), remove and re-add the Apple Music linkage… they want me to call in on Monday to run their “test app.” In the end it turns into whether the juice is worth the squeeze. Hopefully they have reps who troll these forums and can get it addressed without individual users spending hours each trying individually.

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

I used their chat, but it’s exhausting working through their troubleshooting checklist with a basic rep — they want to try everything to verify your end, change Wi-Fi channel to a “less congested channel” (didn’t matter I live on 4 acres and have no other networks nearby), remove and re-add the Apple Music linkage… they want me to call in on Monday to run their “test app.” In the end it turns into whether the juice is worth the squeeze. Hopefully they have reps who troll these forums and can get it addressed without individual users spending hours each trying individually.

LOL WIFI channel. What a joke. Tell them to screw off and fix the damn problem. It’s in the App or the backend feeding data into the app.

Badge

Pos i have the same issue. I remember 4 years ago i had the same problem withe the app and the new sonos 5 gen 2 but don’t remember how it was resolved 

Badge

Im having this problem with s2 did not have that problem with S1

Badge

Only way i found is to delete the song in apple music and redownload it * piece * cant beleive they released s2 knowing that they had that problem

*Moderator Note: Modified in accordance with the Community Code of Conduct.*

I spent an hour in the chat yesterday with three different people and none of them could help me.  Pretty sure it has to do with the latest Apple iPhone update to 14.4.1.   I was shocked when I went into the list of all my Songs and started to scroll through the list.  Hundreds of songs are now greyed out.  No particular artist.  Nothing that makes sense.  I deleted and reinstalled Apple Music.  Didn’t work.  All of the songs are downloaded onto my phone so that’s not the issue.  And they all just played a week ago so it’s definitely something that just happened.  
It was happening with the original Sonos app so I downloaded the Sonos 2 App and that didn’t fix it either.  
I have a case number and I’m supposed to call Monday as well.  I’ve never had any problems with Sonos so this is very disappointing.  

Badge

So you say it happens with s1 also ?

Noticed this at the weekend, updated IOS during last week.

Badge

I spent an hour in the chat yesterday with three different people and none of them could help me.  Pretty sure it has to do with the latest Apple iPhone update to 14.4.1.   I was shocked when I went into the list of all my Songs and started to scroll through the list.  Hundreds of songs are now greyed out.  No particular artist.  Nothing that makes sense.  I deleted and reinstalled Apple Music.  Didn’t work.  All of the songs are downloaded onto my phone so that’s not the issue.  And they all just played a week ago so it’s definitely something that just happened.  
It was happening with the original Sonos app so I downloaded the Sonos 2 App and that didn’t fix it either.  
I have a case number and I’m supposed to call Monday as well.  I’ve never had any problems with Sonos so this is very disappointing.  

Very interesting and I just checked on a device running iOS 12. The songs greyed out on iOS 14.4.1 are not greyed out on the iOS 12 device and plays with no issues. 

Badge

I have 12.5.1 and it started when i updatedto s2

only solution i found was to delete song and re download 

Yay!!  Check your songs and playlists.  The problem appears to be fixed.  😊🎶

Fixed for me, no action required on my end. 👍🏻

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Yep. Magically fixed.