Answered

Apple Music service will not connect with Sonos

• 11 March 2024
  • 4 replies

I have successfully connected Spotify, BBC Sounds, Audible and other services to my Nilfisk Sonos speaker. However when attempting to connect Apple Music I repeatedly get an error message after inputting the Apple password when prompted. 

I want to be able to play my Apple music library songs BUT am not a paid subscriber to Apple Music - is this why? 

icon

Best answer by Nollind 11 March 2024, 19:42

View original

4 replies

Maybe try signing out/in again “Media and Purchases” on your controller device via the iOS settings and perhaps see if that sorts it - or if not, go onto try removing/reinstalling the native Apple Music App and sign in again, then give the Apple service another try in the Sonos App.

Also ensure you temporarily disable any security software running on the device such as firewall or VPN client and maybe try rebooting the local router and mobile device too.

If all still fails. then it maybe best after reproducing the sign-in issue, to then immediately submit a Sonos system diagnostic report from within the Sonos App, note it’s reference and then contact/chat with Sonos Support Staff via this LINK and see what the Staff can perhaps suggest to resolve the matter.

Although everything is showing as operational at the moment, as far as music services are concerned on Sonos, it maybe worth seeing if others begin reporting the same issue here too and perhaps keep an eye on the Sonos services status page here… 

https://status.sonos.com

…that’s just in case anything does change in regards to the Apple Music service.

Thanks @Ken_Griffiths, really helpful. 

So after speaking with support, it appears that Apple will not allow me to connect to my Sonos unless it’s an Apple paid premium account. Let’s not argue that I have spent a fortune buying music when it was iTunes and would quite like to access my paid music via my paid speaker; but apparently I need to pay for it all again by subscribing to Apple Music streaming on top of my paid Spotify account. Sigh. Whinge over. Thanks again Ken. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

I have successfully connected Spotify, BBC Sounds, Audible and other services to my Nilfisk Sonos speaker. However when attempting to connect Apple Music I repeatedly get an error message after inputting the Apple password when prompted. 

I want to be able to play my Apple music library songs BUT am not a paid subscriber to Apple Music - is this why?

If you have your own (ripped or paid) songs physically on the Apple Music app on your computer, you don’t add Apple Music as a service to Sonos, you install the Sonos software on your computer and set the Apple Music app on your computer as your local “Music Library” in the Sonos app on your computer. Once that’s done, they’ll get indexed and you’ll see them listed in your Sonos app under Music Library, at which point you can then play them.