Apple Music on Sonos now supports Infinity playing but the Mac app doesn't!!!

• 24 April 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

If you listen to a song on Apple Music, when your playlist stops, if you have infinity ticked, it continues to play artists like that. Sonos is now supporting that. I’ve had the Sonos (latest software) continue playing after an album similar tracks. This is new.

Except the Sonos Mac app doesn’t show it’s still playing, what it’s playing or the ability to stop!!! So you have to tap the speaker (or use the little widget I am using also).

Looks like Apple have unlocked a feature and the Sonos Mac app (don’t know about others) is needing to catch up.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Sonos stopped adding features to both the Mac and Windows apps years ago. They’re in ‘bug fix’ only mode at this point. The addition of this feature seems unlikely. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

I can see how this would be nice though…...

While I agree, you then get caught in the ‘where is the bar as to what should be added, and what shouldn’t’. And the resulting arguments. From a Product Management standpoint, they’ve set the bar, with no possibility of discussion. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Chopdog 

Thank you - I've marked this thread as a feature request and it will be seen by the relevant teams for consideration. Keep the ideas coming!