Skip to main content
Question

Apple Music not updating

• 17 July 2024
  • 1 reply

The Sonos app has stopped updating my Apple Music library for some reason, and I can’t get any new music or playlists to show up in the app.  Everything is updating across all of my iCloud devices as usual, so this doesn’t seem to be an apple problem.  I’ve tried updating the Sonos Library via the Mac app (surprised to see that’s returned from the dead), and I’ve tried reauthorizing my account.  Neither works.

The interesting thing is that if I delete a playlist, then that no longer shows up in Sonos, so obviously the app is checking in with apple and my account - it’s just not recognizing anything new.

I first noticed this problem a week ago, but overnight it resolved itself.  This time it’s been four days since the app stopped updating.  

Any ideas?  Thanks.

1 reply

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Just updating this to say that I found out it was in fact an Apple problem and not Sonos.  Whatever database file is used for third party connections wasn’t updating, even though music was updating between my iPhone, iPad and Mac.  If you have a similar problem, an interesting way to know if the issue is on Apple’s side is that the Apple Music web app apparently uses that same database (so the same files that don’t show up on Sonos or another third party app will also be missing on Apple’s web app.)

In my case, while I was on the phone with apple support, the database began slowly updating.  We don’t know why, but perhaps just the act of accessing the database through the web app triggered the update process.  It’s still flaky - not everything has updated - but it’s at least progress.