Skip to main content
Question

apple music not authorizing

• 10 May 2024
  • 9 replies

I sat on the Sonos chat line until I was offered a solution to this problem. 
Here’s the solution:

• 1. Open the Sonos app for iOS or Android. 2. Navigate to Account > Content Services > Connected Services. 3. Select the service you wish to remove (Apple Music) 4. Select Remove Service. 5. Follow the on-screen prompts to remove the service from the Sonos system.

• E

After that, from the same Account tab select Content Services > Connected Services > Add Content Service > Choose the service to be added, and select Add to Sonos.

This solved the problem for me. 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

9 replies

This is very helpful. Thanks. 

Not only helpful, but exactly the fix that works! Thank you Steve11sings for putting yourself out there and giving us all the solution. Well done Sir.

That said, I am not overly enthused about the “new” Sonos app. The “old” one, which I have faithfully used for years now wasn’t an app that I would think: if it only could do X. Hey Sonos, if it ain’t broke don’t fix it. But, you upgrade your iPhone and voila this is what you get.  

Thanks JJA. The other issue that I still need to fix is that I can’t connect via Bluetooth now. The chat line was backlogged ( 34 people in the queue). 
I love the Sonos device but am surprised that they released an obviously error prone update. 

That’s a bummer for sure. You had me booting up my ROAM speaker to check this out. As I wrote, I have a new iPhone so need to reboot or reauthorize many of my connected devices. For the ROAM, I did have to turn off the Bluetooth, then turn back on for it to see the speaker. That worked.

RE home system (I have four Sonos speakers), I deleted the Sonos app, then downloaded it again. This led me through the connect to router, etc. to connect with my speakers. That worked as well. 

Good luck Steveg11sings

So I tried resetting the Move 2 by holding the Bluetooth button on the device to trigger a reset. It rebooted and now I can connect my iPad through Bluetooth if needed. Whew !

Thank you very much. After years of working, Apple Music has been refusing to reauthorise for the past day,  but following your instructions fixed the problem in a minute.

Glad it helped. 

Using the Sonos S1 app on iOS after updating iOS with Beta developer program. 
Apple Music will not authorize or re-authorize. Tried removing and adding. 

Thanks

I sat on the Sonos chat line until I was offered a solution to this problem. 
Here’s the solution:

• 1. Open the Sonos app for iOS or Android. 2. Navigate to Account > Content Services > Connected Services. 3. Select the service you wish to remove (Apple Music) 4. Select Remove Service. 5. Follow the on-screen prompts to remove the service from the Sonos system.

• E

After that, from the same Account tab select Content Services > Connected Services > Add Content Service > Choose the service to be added, and select Add to Sonos.

This solved the problem for me. 

This wouldn’t work for me . Every time i try to use my sonos system there is an issue somewhere . 
worst product ever made