Skip to main content
Question

Apple Music Loses Control of Sonos Move After a Few Songs: How to Fix?

• 13 July 2024
  • 2 replies

When I start streaming music from the Apple Music app (iOS 17.5.1) to my Sonos Move, the Apple Music app initially controls the playback. However, after a few songs, the Sonos App (version 80.04.04) takes over control. This transition causes the Apple Music app to lose track of the current playback status, making it appear as if nothing is playing. I then have to switch to the Sonos app to control the music.

I prefer to use the Apple Music app for playback, so this issue is very frustrating. Why is this happening, and how can I fix it?

2 replies

That’s’ strange. The Apple Music App can only stream to Sonos via AirPlay outside of the service being streamed through the Sonos app.  The only way I can see what you are describing occurring (and this is pure speculation) is that you previously started the same stream through the Sonos app using Apple Music. I can’t phantom the Sonos App overtaking a stream started via AirPlay but I guess anything is possible 🤔

Badge

Super strange!  Stream was definitely started on the Apple Music IOS app. Last one was a new album release I hadn’t ever played anywhere else.  Then the Sonos app took it over.  I’ve noticed things seem to be stable when I stream from a Mac instead of my iPhone.  At least for now.