Answered

Apple Music Library - Tracks sorting

• 21 December 2022
  • 10 replies

i recently subscribed to Apple Music and added it to Sonos.

When I wanted to play the tracks that I saved in my library, i noticed that all tracks are sorted alphabetically instead of by date added like in the Apple Music app.

this is really annoying, since I usually listen to my favorite tracks from new to old. 

is this a bug or a missing feature? Perhaps I don’t know how enable it?

id appreciate some help. 

best regards 

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 21 December 2022, 09:21

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

10 replies

Sonos presents the list as they receive it from the source, they have no internal sorting mechanism in their controller. 

It would likely be a change to the API across all Sonos streamers, and then each company would likely need to choose to send that data over to Sonos, or at least sort the data on their side before sending the data to Sonos. 

Certainly a worthwhile request. 

This is extremely annoying, how do we get this elevated with the developers?  Streaming directly from Apple Music suffers in quality a great deal and not an option.

Make a direct request to Apple. 

Badge

dear Airgetlam, do not you think that sonos should solve this with apple?

While I suspect Sonos has passed on the request to Apple, I am firmly of the opinion that it is an issue that Apple needs to fix, as all streaming companies use the exact same Sonos API. I’m also of the opinion that Apple will put more weight behind a request from a paying customer. There is zero financial relationship between Sonos and Apple. 

Badge

I will be happy to pay attention to Apple as a subscriber. I was looking for a good place to report for 15 minutes but I couldn't find it. Do you have any suggestions where to do this? 😉

Not offhand, no. I’ve been frustrated before about the impenetrability of Apple to make any complaint, but have often ended up at their ‘genius bar’ to discuss things. But it’s a crap shoot, IMHO, as to whether that concern gets passed on.

They also have help forums, but I’ve failed there enough times to avoid them. I suspect much of that is due to the size of the company , I’ve had similar experiences when trying to pass on issues to Amazon and Google. 

Unfortunately, I’m no Apple expert. I just recognize the fact that a company will be much more likely to listen to someone they have a financial relationship with. Sonos neither pays, nor gets paid by Apple. 

Badge

Hey Bruce, you confirmed my fears that there is no sure way to contact them. I'll make something up; a banner in front of the headquarters. Not buying their shares. Unfortunately I can't leave them information on facebook. It's a hard thing. I must like this feature.

Greg

Unfortunately, I can no longer make a thirty minute drive to hang a banner down in Cupertino. I miss living on the Peninsula. 

Badge

In Europe, we are closer everywhere. But now we close that post and like unsorted publishings from Apple.

G.