Answered

Apple Music App stops sporadically on iPad but not iPhone

Badge

I often get my Apple Music App stop for no reason at every 7 or 8 songs BUT, it only does it only on my iPad and not on my iPhone. Both are on the same wifi, high speed optic fibre with Sonos Boost. Here is the diagnostic reference. 1876886745

icon

Best answer by Camino 15 October 2022, 16:58

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

13 replies

Sounds more-like it’s an iPad issue. Are you perhaps using Private Address (Mac Spoofing) or ‘Limit Address IP’ on your iPad and not on the iPhone - If so, perhaps try switching off those iPadOS security features in the properties of the network connection and see if that resolves the issue. I would just dig deeper into the iPad settings and software. If its neither of those two things, try to see what else might be causing the issue. The sheer fact the iPhone plays okay, points to the matter being related to the iPad, or it’s software.

Badge

Jist turned off Private Address which is in Beta form and will see. I did like the idea though of having the Private Address function. Will see now. Thank you for your suggestions.

Badge

Turned off Private Address and it just did it again….

Turned off Private Address and it just did it again….

What audio source are you using? Maybe try a different audio source and see if that makes any difference. Also what happens if you switch off the iOS Lock Screen, does that have any effect on the issue? 

Badge

(What audio source are you using) - it only occurs when i use the Music app, not the TV , turntable or other devices.

(switch off the IOS Lock Screen) - I am not sure where this “on off” switch is?

By the way, after 4 or 5 songs, it always stops even if shuffle or continuous music buttons in the App are on but…. it always happens at the END of a song, never during a song play…???? So I seem to pin point the issue at iTunes Music app??? But then, the same app on my iPhone always works well…

(What audio source are you using) - it only occurs when i use the Music app, not the TV , turntable or other devices.

(switch off the IOS Lock Screen) - I am not sure where this “on off” switch is?

By the way, after 4 or 5 songs, it always stops even if shuffle or continuous music buttons in the App are on but…. it always happens at the END of a song, never during a song play…???? So I seem to pin point the issue at iTunes Music app??? But then, the same app on my iPhone always works well…

The Apple Music App is playing through your iOS (iPad) device to the speakers.. try this instead and see if it works...

If needed, install the Apple Music service within the Sonos App and then play the same playlist/tracks to your speaker from the Sonos App - this will play the music direct from the Apple servers/cloud to your speaker(s) without going through your iDevice and if that plays okay, then you will know it’s a setting on your iPad - or an iPad hardware issue (hopefully not).

To switch off it’s Lock Screen goto settings/display & brightness/auto-lock, but perhaps try the above first of all.

I also found this link about the issue, which mentions some suggestions to try… 

https://appletoolbox.com/fix-airplay-stops/

Badge

Thank you for your valuable comments.

Here is what I also tried:

1-if I play the Apple Music App alone on my iPAD, without SONOS, it works fine all the time, no stopping.

2-if I play music streaming on SONOS from our CBC Sooth Jazz, or TuneIn, there is also no problem, no stoppage.

3-I switched off the Lock Screen and it still has the same problem, stopping at the end ofthe 4th or 5th song.

I was thinking of removing the Apple Music app completely and reloading it?

I do not want to loose my music though???

I will contact Apple to see if they have an idea on their end. It would definitely seem to be when MUSIC tries to connect to SONOS or vice versa, because when taken individually, both the SONOS and MUSIC apps work fine??

Did you try the suggestions in the link posted earlier, one of which was to switch off Bluetooth on the iPad, whilst airplaying from the device?

Badge

Yes Ken, I did. I closed the bluetooth and it still quits after about 5 songs…very frustrating.

I might have  to remove and re-download the APP. Keeping this as last resort!

It seems there ‘might’ be a known issue as I also found these two links:

The second link is perhaps more related to the issue you’re seeing, but personally speaking, I would not use the software suggested to fix an issue.

Yes Ken, I did. I closed the bluetooth and it still quits after about 5 songs…very frustrating.

I might have  to remove and re-download the APP. Keeping this as last resort!

If all the suggestions fail, I would even ‘perhaps’ just wait and see if the next Apple iOS update fixes the issue for you.

Badge

I will try resetting the network as per the article you forwarded. Will see tomorrow…?