Skip to main content
Question

Apple airplay, and Sonos speakers the chances of having the ability to use my stored personal library on Sonos ever again

• 25 July 2024
  • 4 replies

Are used to be able to hook my Sonos speakers up to Apple airplay. I cannot now how do I fix this follow up question if I could stream my own music from my iMac to my Sonos speaker systems I would not need to use airplay will there ever be that ability again? 

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Are used to be able to hook my Sonos speakers up to Apple airplay. I cannot now how do I fix this follow up question if I could stream my own music from my iMac to my Sonos speaker systems I would not need to use airplay will there ever be that ability again? 

Music library is back following the latest release. 
Airplay is available for those speakers that support it. 

was there a recent update? I used to be able to airplay to my Sonos speakers in the last couple of days every speaker in my system is not showing up in my airplay account.

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

was there a recent update? 

https://support.sonos.com/en-us/article/release-notes-for-sonos-software-updates

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

If your firmware and app are up to date, I suspect you may have to try turning off all your Sonos devices, rebooting your router then turn on each Sonos in turn.

I primarily use AirPlay rather than the Sonos app and it has worked pretty smoothly throughout the Sonos App debacle though some upgrades have caused speakers to lose connection and require resetting.