Skip to main content

app update...IOS

• 30 May 2024
  • 2 replies

Though the new update is pretty and colorful, it is very clunky and not very intuitive.  I used to go into apple music and choose an album from a musical groups whole catalogue.  Since the update, I am limited in my album choices. 

Sonos favorites has a list of things I have never listened to.

Quit advertising to me. on the app, please.

My Playlist, Artists, Albums all have items I have never listened to and would never ever listen to.  Whats up with that?

I called Santa Barbara at 8:30 AM Pacific time to speak with someone.   Called yesterday in the afternoon too….same response.  60 minute wait..Some customer service.

Did you guys consider running a Beta test on this update before you thrust it on your customers?  Maybe ask the sonos community to look at it and offer feedback?

Is the old interface available?  I want to delete this new one and go back to the old app.

Robert

2 replies

To the best of my knowledge, customer support isn’t out of Santa Barbara, it isn’t terribly surprising you couldn’t reach support there. Here is a link to Sonos Support , which contains a toll free number so you don’t need to pay extra. 

You are correct, but Santa Barbara is just down the coast.  I’m sure I was sent to a call center.  It took 57 minutes. I think they just put every call on hold for an hour to see who can wait it out.  Could not answer my issues about unwanted music in my selections and kept wanting to share my screen.