Skip to main content
Answered

App Update

• 28 May 2024
  • 5 replies

Since the update my system has become virtually unusable. I cannot select a room in which to play music, none of my services will play and I cannot seem to fix it! Tried uninstalling the app and reinstalling, logged out, logged back in, restarted my phone, all to no avail. When is this going to be fixed?? I’m never going to recommend Sonos to anyone again! Absolutely furious! 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

How are you trying to select a room?  Room selection is done by scrolling up on the room at the bottom of the app to get the room list and then tapping the room you want to control.  

Thanks - that has helped. I was doing it wrong. However, now some rooms/devices play instantly, others play only after repeated presses, and some (one of our amps) doesn’t play at all, even though it’s grouped with a device that does play and the app shows it as playing!! Very frustrating! Thanks for your help though 👍 

Still not working. This morning I have two out of three devices in one group working, but now I can’t turn them off! In another group it shows both as playing but only one has sound. The amp is dead, despite it showing in the app as on and playing?? Roam just does what it likes - shows up when powered on but won’t play anything and won’t stay in a Group. I feel defrauded having spent a small fortune on hardware. Legal action is required I think to get something done about this. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Have to say I’ve posted several examples of solid issues with app with zero responses or solutions. Surprised.

Is there a central log or thread detailing what seems be a hefty list of issues. Slow start up, non showing graphics, issues to Amazon Music off the top of my head. 

Apols to OP high jacking thread …. I’m just wondering where all thee things are being logged and ticked off etc

Apols to OP high jacking thread …. I’m just wondering where all thee things are being logged and ticked off etc

Sonos is posting some info here. But obvs not all the bugs are listed and they haven’t added new bugs for a week or two. 

https://support.sonos.com/en-ca/article/the-new-sonos-app-and-future-feature-updates