Skip to main content
Question

App Polish: Rounded Corners

• 29 May 2024
  • 6 replies

Amongst all the broader issues of stability and missing features, the rounded corners give away how rushed this app update was. While the padding/radius for the search bar within the top card looks okay… The radius for the outer corner of search and now playing cards don’t match. This sort of thing, across the app, makes everything feel even jankier.

Or is it just me?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Given all the other pending fixes, I hadn’t really noticed. Were I to prioritize this as an issue, it would be at the bottom of the list of work to be done. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

It's not just you. It was the first thing I noticed when I opened the new crAPP.

While were at it, what is with the persistent greyed-out stop button on the volume screen?

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

It's not just you. It was the first thing I noticed when I opened the new crAPP.

While were at it, what is with the persistent greyed-out stop button on the volume screen?

It shows the current status of music in the room(s). You are currently listening to the radio, so the option open to you on the Now Playing screen is stop. It is referenced on the screen you’re looking at.

If you play a track on a speaker and bring up the grouping screen, it will show the pause symbol with the track duration circle around it, as the option open to you on the Now Playing screen is pause. It’s to help you see the state of play of the speaker(s) you are looking to group with.

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Strange design decision…
but thank you for the explanation nonetheless.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

@Rudie Took me a while to work it out - and even longer to articulate it! You’d think jumping EQ bars would be a better way of showing if certain speakers are playing or not...

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

@Rhonny ...yes, you would…

...but give the Sonos devs a break, they were coding the app blindfolded wearing oven gloves.