Skip to main content
Question

App new Update- Cannot find balance under EQ

I have a speaker pair on which I previously could adjust left and right balance.  With the the new app update I cannot adjust left and right balance !!! 
So my speakers are stuck with the balance towards the right speaker which I use when I work at my desk.  Please tell me how to adjust balance with app new update or explain how to go back to previous version. 
This is not acceptable.

The whole update is clunky and hard to use.  Also it seems the app is pushing you to use Sonos music services.  And it feels like you are bing pushed to use Voice App.
I have spent $$$ on speakers to listen to my music.  The app should let me do that easily and seamlessly. 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

10 replies

Userlevel 1

UPDATE: 
I downloaded app to my Mac and now the Balance shows in the EQ.  So I was able to adjust using my Mac
HOWEVER, the problem still exists on my Iphone 13.  I deleted Sonos app and reinstalled. Balance still does not appear under EQ. Note: this is for a Stereo Pair of Era 100.  

Userlevel 1

Same issue. Ever since the update the balance adjustment does not work on Era surrounds. 

Badge

Same issue with iPad app on Era 100 stereo pair. Android app shows balance slider correctly.

Any update on if/when we get a fix for this? I need my balance slider back

I’ve got the same issue on my iPhone 13. Tried support but they offered no help other than “it will hopefully be fixed in the future”. I tried to get over to them that it seems strange that some people have the balance control in EQ while others don’t. Makes no sense. I’m still none the wiser. 
The way my room is set up I very much need this function. 

I’ve always sung the praises of Sonos and I was going to invest in an Arc but sadly,  it’s really put me off.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Have you definitely updated the app to the very latest version released last Weds?

Yeah it said I’m all up to date

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Yeah it said I’m all up to date

There’s another update later today. Maybe see if balance appears after that. 

Yeah I’ll check later thanks

Just updated and still no balance 😡