Skip to main content
Question

App is worse than useless!

• 29 June 2024
  • 3 replies

I’ve had various Sonos devices for 10 years or more and loved them. The new app, though, renders them all useless. I can’t control any of them reliably and I struggle to find my music library. Fortunately, I still have my CDs, a player, amplifier and speakers. Time to get them hooked up again.

3 replies

I’ve had various Sonos devices for 10 years or more and loved them. The new app, though, renders them all useless. I can’t control any of them reliably and I struggle to find my music library. Fortunately, I still have my CDs, a player, amplifier and speakers. Time to get them hooked up again.

Are you on Android? If so you can roll back to 16.1 app. If you use iOS then SonoPhone is a reliably alternative that will reliably your local library if it is set up correctly unlike the new Sonos app. There’s also the desktop apps for Windows and Mac that work like the old app. So there are options even if it does suck that Sonos could care less about their customers to sell some basic headphones. 

Agreed.  Have been a SONOS lover for over 10 years.   All my kids having their homes. 
The new APP is so bad we are ready to purchase a new system from elsewhere. 

Every night I have to hear my husband yell about Sonos because there is a new issue and he cannot use the APP to set up his 10+ year ritual. 
WE NEED TO REVERT TO THE OLD APP for iOS!

Userlevel 2

Agree.  The app sometimes works and then it stops working.  The system is so unstable now.  Speakers continue to drop.  I’m seriously thinking about a new system.  Anyone have any suggestions?