Answered

app crashses when loading

• 20 June 2023
  • 5 replies

I am running iPhone XS Max on iOS 16.5

in last 2 days I can’t load Sonos app.  It just crashes and goes back to home screen.  I have restarted phone, deleted and reinstalled app from App Store.  No change.  My wife’s phone with similar spec is working fine???

icon

Best answer by kiwibrent 20 June 2023, 19:14

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Do you have any security software installed on the phone, is it a works phone? If so, it’s possibly that and you may need to disable the security, VPN, Firewall, network proxy etc.

Thanks for the reply - but no to all of the above.. worked fine until about a week ago - now nothing?

Thanks for the reply - but no to all of the above.. worked fine until about a week ago - now nothing?

Sorry @kiwibrent I don’t know then, unless the phone install has got corrupted in some way - I’ve not got that model of phone and not seen anyone else mention an issue with it. The Wife and I have 4 iOS devices and not had any issues with the latest App. 

If you don’t want to try a phone reset/restore from backup etc. at this stage, then perhaps go onto chat to Sonos Support Staff instead. Here is the link to get in touch with them…

https://support.sonos.com/s/contact

Problem resolved - somehow my phone settings under Wi-Fi had switched “low data mode” to on.  Turned that off and now back in business.  Thanks!

Problem resolved - somehow my phone settings under Wi-Fi had switched “low data mode” to on.  Turned that off and now back in business.  Thanks!

Ah, nice to see it was something simple. Thanks for posting back the solution - it’s one I will try to remember if someone else encounters the same issue in the community here.👍