Skip to main content
Question

any tips for adding a device to wifi using the new app?

• 25 May 2024
  • 3 replies

Seeing as we have to wait u til sometime next month to change WiFi settings which I needed to do, I’ve reset my speakers to setup the WiFi. 
the trouble is, setup fails once it gets to the password part and tells me to use Ethernet which I can’t. 

anybody found a workaround or do I have a dead system until Sonos fixes that?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

I think I'm in the same boat. Changed my wifi few days ago and trying to make that change on the Sonos app, I see no link to that option anywhere. Are we in the same boat? I’m not familiar w the WiFi change issue. 

You can’t edit wifi settings in the new app. In your new router if you change the wifi access point name and password back to what you had before your speakers should pick it up. Otherwise resetting it is the only way. 

To update to this. I had reset speakers but it failed to come next to the WiFi. The latest Sonos app update fixed this. So it’s slowly getting sorted. Sonia really did mess this all up though!